Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto Food
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 09:46 AM
Loreto Food

We have been to Loreto several times and here is in our most honest objective opinion our reviews of the restaurants we've been to in Loreto. We have no agenda here just what we see.

We bought some clams off a guy on the beach when we were up in Bahia Conception. We just took them to the restaurant 'Mexico Lindo y Que Rico' and asked them to do them up a couple ways. What we got blew our socks off.

These clams are tasty and done correctly. They did not put too much butter or seasonings but enough to enhance the flavor! We had a great time with this family and they make some great authentic food. He did half with a chipotle topping and half with a garlic topping. We had 2 people in our group that had never eaten shellfish and are not fans of seafood which loved these! The drinks are great too.

We really liked Auggies Happy Hour on our trip in Loreto. It was hard to pass up when getting ready for the night and meet up there, a few drinks and then head out to dinner somewhere. The Sushi was some great fresh yellowtail!

And hard to beat the view from Auggies. Sea of Cortez Sunsets could be better than western facing ones!

That's it for the pictures... I thought I did a better job and seems like my girl is always taking pics of the plates but I guess this trip we forgot. But here we go on other places

La Palapa
We really like this place, half cause of the food and half the atmosphere. We thought the best place to take a group of people that have never been to Loreto. The outdoor feel and the authentic setting was awesome. We have heard the food can be ok, but we really enjoyed it all. We shared some fish plates some Mexican combinations and such and it was all very good. This is our 2nd time here and have liked it both times. They have a great bar and the bbq next to the street always smells good!

Super Burro
A no frills Asadero with some of the best food we had all 2 weeks in Baja. I still daydream about the 'Molcojete' (I think that's what I got) with Arrachera and Nopales. It was unreal, so tasty. We got that and a Loaded Potato and it was all that everybody has talked about. Not on the diet plan but I thought worth it since its a bit different then a loaded potato in the US. 100% will eat here next time I'm in Loreto

Orlando's
I think everybody loves this place already but I'll say the Jilli's Chilli's is one of the best breakfasts I've had. And it comes with their Chilaquiles which must be the best chilaquiles I've ever had.
We had dinner here one night and it was also very good. But their drinks weren't the best. That is the only thing I could say that isn't great about Orlando's.

Café Ole
I like this place as much as any breakfast spot I've ever been to. I daydream about waking up in Loreto and walking to Café Ole and relaxing with a cup of coffee as much as I daydream about anything. Its a standard breakfast for a fair price.

Shisau
Great Location on the walking street near the mission. We have seen this place closed most of the time. So when walking to breakfast we saw it was open. We ate here and it was decent. But for us decent in Loreto isn't good enough to go back. There are too many good places to eat in Loreto to settle. So prob won't be back but not a big disappointment either.

El Papagayo Cantado
This Funky setting near the Centro is fun to eat at. The food is very good and has a flavor different than anywhere I've eaten. Its Texas BBQ with a Mexican flare to it. I really like that. The one downside is its somewhat pricey. But for once a trip we can handle that.

El Rey Del Taco
Standard Mexican Taqueria that is very good! The Tacos are big and super good. We had the Carne and Fish and everybody was stoked, prob don't need to say more, everybody knows this place is good

Cesars Taco Stand
We like this place as much as most. Its a good atmosphere and they have one of the best salsa platters of any taco stands we have been to. Puerco Adobado, Carne Asada, Fish all good.

Pangalapa
This place is good, really like their Salsa Bar. They were light on options when we were there but still pretty good. We'd def go back

Islas
We didn't have a great time here. We were told how good it is but I think we caught them on a bad night. They had no fish on their menu and the plates we got were less than tasty. Nothing was really very good and the service was poor too. I do think they are normally pretty good but have their off nights and we caught them on an off night.

Giggling Dolphin
We had a great time here. Mostly just drinks but also had some snacks while hanging out. All the quesadillas and little burritos were excellent. The staff was great and were very fun to hang out with. Overall a great time and will def go back.

Mikes Bar
We caught them on a great night with a band one night and another fun night. Fun place with great drinks. Def go back when we are up for a late night out partying.

There are still a handful of places we haven't eaten at that we have on our list. Just not enough time in Loreto!

[Edited on 3-30-2014 by BajaNomad]
Fred
Senior Nomad

Mood: Laid Back

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 10:02 AM

Thanks for the input. Great for my book of notes on Baja.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.