BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Importation of boat issue??
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 07:44 AM
Importation of boat issue??

I have gone thru the on-line process as described in a similar thread and received my sticker in less than a week; very easy process. As required, I scanned the documents (Passport etc), emailed them in and received a confirmation of receipt. Yesterday I got this email:

Buenas Tardes.
Por dispocicion oficial de la Administracion General de Aduanas (AGA), solicito a los suscritos la documentacion con la cual realizó el trámite de Importacion Temporal de Embarcacion, se adjunta la regla 4.2.5 en la cual podra verificar la documentacion que debera de enviar segun sea su caso.
Seguimos en comunicación.

Good afternoon,

By official disposition of the Administracion General de Aduanas (AGA), we urge the above to send the documentation pertinent to the application for a temporary import permit for their vessel. If you need to verify which documents you must send, you may refer to the attached Rule 4.2.5. These documents must be emailed to this email address as soon as possible.

We await your reply.

Anyone else get this? I'm a little worried that this may possibly be a phishing attempt. By the way, I could see that this email was sent to about 25 other people at the same time, it even exposed their email address to me and mine to them. Not to cool.....

[Edited on 4-4-2014 by Santiago]
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 08:26 AM

I got one Jim. I'm ignoring it. I already have my papers and sticker. See you at Gecko!
dorado50
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 07:58 AM

I received the exact same notification. They asked for only proof of residency(which I did not send to them the first time). Waiting to hear back from them. I do know that you must be complete in your paperwork for your sticker to be valid in their system. A sticker alone and without proper paperwork is INVALID.......
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 08:05 AM

I also got the same letter asking for proof of residency. Thinking in Mexico mode I sent them a copy of my latest electric bill (which is always what they want in Mexico). I got another reply from them asking for my passport (which I had already sent them) So I sent it again and now after about a week I have heard nothing so I assume all is well.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 08:09 AM

One of mine is still in Limbo ..everything sent in heard nada....FYI: Limbo is 18 miles south of Waukegan....

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 08:44 AM

Do I understand that there is some other piece of paper that I need from them in order for the process to be complete?
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2014 at 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dorado50
I received the exact same notification. They asked for only proof of residency(which I did not send to them the first time). Waiting to hear back from them. I do know that you must be complete in your paperwork for your sticker to be valid in their system. A sticker alone and without proper paperwork is INVALID.......

And when they check my sticker (on the water) they will have access to the data base??? I don't think so.
I think someone is stealing email addresses (and maybe other things). I wouldn't send them anything. Like I said before I already have all the pertinent sticker and paperwork.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.