Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Another Whale Magic Video from Ojo de LIebre
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 07:45 AM
Another Whale Magic Video from Ojo de LIebre

This whale season I tried out a GoPro camera for the first time. It was quite a learning curve to get the angles right and know when to put it in the water so as not to scare off a whale. I am pretty stoked at the footage and looking forward to improving my video skills for next year.

Editing the footage was a challenge indeed but I am starting to get the hang of it now and really enjoy it although it is time consuming to get just the right effects. Lots of trial and error.

I am really excited about the stills I lifted from the footage as you can choose that best moment to capture something. Here are some examples.

this one is interesting to see the baby barnacles starting to grow on this calves head. This particular calf really liked the GoPro and would always come over to me to get a scratch on the head with the camera and often looked straight into the lense...cool eh.

Here are a couple of videos I worked on the last couple weeks...not perfect by any means but I think my passengers will like this souvenir of their trip.

thanks to all of you who offered suggestions and help figuring it all out...especially StandingWave who was my GoPro inspiration from the start and WideAngleWandering for support.

these are the low resolution copies so they load quicker...they are much nicer in the high resolution videos...let me know if you want the links to these.

[Edited on 4-12-2014 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
paul r
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2014 at 08:43 AM

... the ballenas are cool,... you are, wonderful!!!!!! beth y pablo

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.