Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: BFG KO2 now in production
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2014 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacifico
November 2014! I'm gonna give them a try if the price is right...

Don't do that to yourself! :)

They're gonna be expensive I have a funny feeling!
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2014 at 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
Quote:

pricing and spec's. http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/name/all-terrai...
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2014 at 03:19 PM

you know I get that its a sales video....but the sidewall puncture test with and without this "coregard" stuff is PRETTY IMPRESSIVE!:yes:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/tire-selector/name/all-terrai...
blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-2-2014 at 03:37 PM

thanks willardguy for posting the info, I look forward to seeing how they do this next 1000 race that will confirm for me, My tire dealer said he would give me a set of 34's for his cost after the new year, excited to see the feedback on these new KO2's
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2014 at 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan
Quote:

Ha! I agree! I'm running the General Grabbers now and they just wear down way to fast. While they are great offroad, the rubber is too soft for the street. I definitely need to go to another tire... Hopefully, I can get a deal through a buddy on the new KO2's! :?:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 09:00 AM

Thanks for the link Willardguy!

Ok just for instance, I am looking to replace my 315/75R16 tires with some new rubber within a year. The KO's on Tire Rack are about $229/ea, and the KO2's on BFG site are $294/ea ... In reality not that much more I guess. But at that price you can get pretty much any other tire you want!

However these KO2's are looking like a great all-around tire!

[Edited on 9-3-2014 by BooJumMan]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwolfmt
thanks willardguy for posting the info, I look forward to seeing how they do this next 1000 race that will confirm for me, My tire dealer said he would give me a set of 34's for his cost after the new year, excited to see the feedback on these new KO2's

Most of the off road racers use 'project' tires that are NOT street legal or made for highway use. They may have the same look as the DOT approved tires (The Grabber from General is a good example), but they are not what you buy for your truck. BFG has been stellar at using Baja race performance to sell a tire that is not for sale to the general public. They all do that, not just BFG...

I wanted the Grabbers but they were not available in my size back when they introduced the DOT approved version of the race tire (with red letters). I am glad I didn't get them, as (like above) I heard only bad things about their wear, sand performance, fuel economy, etc. I suggest reading forums (like Nomad) to hear how the tire is working out for others.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

blackwolfmt
Senior Nomad

Mood: dreamin of Riden out a hurricane in Baja

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 10:37 AM

Hey DK, I was kinda thinkin a few privateer's will be runnin them at least I hope so
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwolfmt
Hey DK, I was kinda thinkin a few privateer's will be runnin them at least I hope so

I sure like to see small family race teams like it used to be. Class 11 and those Subaru powered Baja cars are still there for lower budget racing.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TecateRay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 05:54 PM

BFG is doing an "introduction" of new tires this week in Baja. It looks like they will be working out of Horsepower Ranch near Ensenada.
Scottya

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 06:57 AM

Horsepower to mike's and back. All tires working great so far after one wave. Two more waves of press. Thy should be writing about it soon.
Scottya

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 07:02 AM

Got it
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2014 at 09:59 AM

Looking forward to it! The new style All Terrain TA sure looks a world stronger in the sidewalls!

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.