Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mulege, busy airport!
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 12:50 PM
Mulege, busy airport!

well, did you know that Mulege has a busy airport > next to the Serenidad Hotel?
Gringo's flying in and out every hour > but only on weekends.
So, I am applying to re-name that strip " Mulege International Airport".
What do you say?
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 12-11-2004 at 05:26 PM

Mulege International is what we used to call the old airport a few miles NW of town at Ano Nuevo (where Cread is now) back in the 70's. Did many flights on Aeromexico's old Hawker-Siddley twin turbo prop. Its route was La Paz, Loreto, Mulege, Guerrero Negro to TJ 2 or 3 times a week. Often very overloaded with fishermen and ice chests which made for tense take offs on warm days from that old dirt strip. $40.00 each way Mulege/TJ.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

cool.gif posted on 12-12-2004 at 08:45 AM
Every 2nd weekend of the month

"El Gallito" (official registered name of Johnson's strip) is swamped with at least 15 to 20 planes supporting The Flying Sams - phx chapter - and Aero medicos out of Santa Barbara which have their clinic at Cadeje.
So, that's why it was so busy this weekend. not to mention the absolutely fan tastic weather they had. Unfortunately for me i am grounded so i missed all the fun! dang....
Wait till feb and march and whale season - the Baja bush pilots take over the town 3 weeks in a row and you'll see up to 60-70 planes parked along both sides of the strip. makes for very busy arrival and departure times each morning.
Throngs of people just go out with their lounge chairs and line the lot adjacent watching all the differing planes come in from San Ignacio after a day of petting whales.:bounce:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 12:07 PM
Capt. Mike!

It was always crowded when I was going South so I would land at the old Hotel Mulege Hotel Strip. Saul was running the hotel, always a good party.
Is that strip still open, have not been by in years?

Kurtg; Hve been on that Airplane going into the north Strip many times, it does get interesting on a Hot Day with aload.

Skeet/Loreto
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 12:31 PM
Approaching El Gallito

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 12:51 PM

Great pic Natalie Ann !!
just a lill left from that airstrip is our temporary home @ this time.
We are looking for to stay here maybe for 6, maybe for 12, but maybe for the next 10,000 month, who knows?
I have been offered a teaching job @ the Rotary clinic as dental Assistant > Dental technician > Girl for everything.
Voluntary base of course to teach them how to make dentures.
Love it, let's see how it developes.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 12:58 PM
Is this Tina or Frank?

Either way, sounds as if you have truly "found" Baja!:lol::lol::lol: Que bueno Amigo/Amiga
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2004 at 01:00 PM

both JR, both and Yes, you got it!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

wink.gif posted on 12-13-2004 at 07:19 AM
Hey Germanicus,

Ich bin auch ein Deutcher, und ich hatte in Passau und Munchen gewohnen.

We should have a get together and meet sometime when i am there. My last name is Goering, so many friends call me Herman the German! Of course i feel that i am a member of the baja luftwaffe, ha!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.