Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Ignacio
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 12-15-2004 at 05:48 AM
San Ignacio

I'm interested in the Sonoran desert region of Baja Sur. Someday I would like to live en M?xico and am thinking maybe Baja in the area of San Ignacio. Don't like touristy places and would want to actually own my property so need to be inland, out of the restricted coastal zone. So what's it like in the area out from San Ignacio? How do you find out about real estate in non-tourist colonized areas?
LaRibereņa
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2004 at 12:37 PM

Gringos may not "own" property close to the ocean on the mainland, or in any part of Baja.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-15-2004 at 12:44 PM

That is why she chose San Ignacio. so she can own it . you can out bye land in San Ignacio

the best way and only way I recommend Is to go there and rent something and every one with something to sell will come to you . but be careful and only look at land with titles.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2004 at 03:34 PM

You might receive a lot more responses and information that you request if you were actually registered and had a name other than "Anonymous"
Bob H:yes:

[Edited on 12-15-2004 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2004 at 03:48 PM

I will second that:bounce:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

cactophile

[*] posted on 12-16-2004 at 05:39 AM

Okay, I'm not anonymous anymore. I hadn't read anywhere that the 30-something mile coastal zone didn't apply to Baja. That is one reason I am looking at San Ignacio. The other reason is that I need to be in the sonoran desert. I prefer closer to el Mar de Cortez than el oce?no. Also, the ferry to Guaymas. I don't actually need any pueblo at all but probably couldn't convince mi esposo if we weren't close to one. Hobbies; cactus, hiking, growing native plants of the Baja, cactus, bird-watching, backpacking, mexicana and ind?gena cultura, cactus, rock-hounding, reading, mexican/Spanish language and history, oh, and did I mention cactus? Would like to add beach combing and scuba-diving to the list. Generally speaking I would describe myself as a usually gregarious, desert-rat. Current residence is SE AZ and it's getting WAY too crowded.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2004 at 10:47 AM

Nice to meet you cactophile

I think you can bye land there strait out .

but your in the right place some one will let us know right away if I'm wrong.

You can also bye land close to the coast if you bye it under a corporation. that is the real sweet way to do it.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2004 at 11:26 AM

You can buy land with a bank trust.
You cannot use a corporation to buy land for a personal residence.
I'm sure you will get a lot of useful advise here, but you should also check it out with the Mexican consulate in your area.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.