Pages:  1  ..  9    11
Author: Subject: Mexico denies asylum to migrant children
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-1-2014 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
if there's any hint of a suggestion that human trafficking laws have been violated, I fully support an investigation. But, from where I sit, these laws are being used as a shield from repatriation. There has been no mention of these laws being violated.
Where does it stop? What's the next imagined reason given for keeping them here? Kidnapping? Child labor violations?
This manipulation of law enforcement to satisfy an unrelated agenda scares the sheit out of me.
if anyone is complicit in any kind of trafficking of these kids, it would be those who ushered their safe passage from border to border in Mexico.

So according to Dennis from watching a hour of "Fox News" and "CNN" "sex trafficking" isn't a problem in the USA, and the Central American kids should just be shipped back to the country of origin with no due process.

Well, sex trafficking to the world's capital of "sex trafficking" which is of course the United States of America, has been known since the 90's and early 2000's when some of these anti-trafficking laws stated to get passed in Congress. ( yeah lots of sex perverts in the USA!)

And it really doesn't matter what Dennis thinks, or other "tea party" people think, what matters is the 2008 anti-trafficking law, some of these central Americans kids are able to use, because the concern of Americans to make sure these kids are being exploited, and trafficked. ( If you want to change things, you have to change the immigration laws)

Here is some information about trafficking, which personally really believe is overstated in the USA,( I'm talking about sex slavery) because not all the young girls are brought to the USA to be sold as "sex slaves" to lecherous perverted old men Americans. However, over the years the term "trafficking" has come not to only mean sex slavery, but it also means, " all forms of forced labor, including agriculture, domestic service, construction work, and sweatshops, as well as trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation."

So yes Dennis, when you use the more broader definition of trafficking like forced labor, domestic services, then you could see the concern politicians have for trafficking from central America, and why central American kids are often given "due process according to US immigration laws.

The United States of America is principally a transit and destination country for trafficking in persons. It is estimated that 14,500 to 17,500 people, primarily women and children, are trafficked to the U.S. annually. 1 The U.S. Government is strongly committed to combating trafficking in persons at home and abroad. The Trafficking Victims Protection Act of 2000, enhances pre-existing criminal penalties, affords new protections to trafficking victims and makes available certain benefits and services to victims of severe forms of trafficking. It also establishes a Cabinet-level federal interagency task force and establishes a federal program to provide services to trafficking victims. The U.S. Government recognizes the need to sustain and further enhance efforts in order to achieve the goals and objectives of the Act.

The U.S. Department of State began monitoring trafficking in persons in 1994, when the issue began to be covered in the Department’s Annual Country Reports on Human Rights Practices. Originally, coverage focused on trafficking of women and girls for sexual purposes. The report coverage has broadened over the years, and U.S. embassies worldwide now routinely monitor and report on cases of trafficking in men, women, and children for all forms of forced labor, including agriculture, domestic service, construction work, and sweatshops, as well as trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2014 at 07:35 PM

So, we finally found a law that Obummer wants to enforce and it was one that Bush passed? That sounds more absurd than anything I've heard on Fox News. Frankly, without Fox, the criminality of the Democrat Party would go completely unchecked. Like them or not, I'm glad they fight the fight they do.

Mexico/Chicago politics is nothing to be proud of to shoot for. You guys really think it's OK to be stopped and searched every 100 miles by the military? You really think that's something to shoot for?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-1-2014 at 11:01 PM

Boy Howdy, just what we need; a junior Ahnold. Criminality of the Dem's??? Oh, please. Put Junior and Dickey Boy in front of the Hague for war crimes. I just hope you don't put 'EL' in front of your handle. Knucklehead.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 05:32 PM

Yep, criminality, at almost every level and every appointee too. I'd love to hear a non-emotional fact or two to the contrary. War is war, I'd love to see one actually fought to win. War crimes? How about a whole country that's criminal, that's what you should be worrying about.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 06:11 PM

What !! are you crazy Dennis .. .They can ALL come ... and I mean ALL ...

Bring them all here ... including: South America, Central America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, any place ...

Just open the gates ... and lets see what it looks like in 10 years .. that should make everyone happy

I mean if it doesn't work out ... we can always ____________ :lol::lol:

It does come down to gum balls and the way one counts IMHO

thx nc ... :):)

And there are only a little over 5 billion we would have to make room for .... Hell, I'll take or wait government calculations indicate I will be supporting 14.285714 individuals until they get on their feet with jobs :lol::lol:

Want fair .. Then lets bring in 11 million .. from each nation on the planet, if they have that many that want to come ..

I mean really, why should Mexico have an advantage over other starving children, struggling women and/or men without work or a future ...

Lets give till it hurts ... :biggrin::biggrin:

Or we could have an immigration policy which affords ALL in the world the same opportunity to come to the United States ... thought that was the "intent" of Immigration Law ... not to favor a specific nation over any others ... give all the same chance, which I'm for 100%

Certainly glad Catalina Island of the west coast of California ... isn't mainland China ... just saying

[Edited on 8-3-2014 by wessongroup]

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 06:23 PM

Did anyone watch this?? It's a winless fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 06:37 PM

But, encouraging to see some that "view" things differently

Thought perhaps being something visual would help :biggrin::biggrin:

The scope of this situation is so large .. it is lost

Maybe scientific notation :lol::lol:

Of note the video was made in 1996 ... check the numbers today

[Edited on 8-3-2014 by wessongroup]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
Boy Howdy, just what we need; a junior Ahnold. Criminality of the Dem's??? Oh, please. Put Junior and Dickey Boy in front of the Hague for war crimes. I just hope you don't put 'EL' in front of your handle. Knucklehead.

I'll vote for the war criminals being brought to justice.

The awful economic catastrophe That Junior and Dick left behind, combined with an ongoing effort to scare the crap out of folks about terrorists diverted the attention from the real needs of this nation. We continue to pay a price for what they did. Yet, the war profiteers just keep getting richer. That include they guy who stole someone else's heart.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-5-2014 at 05:39 PM

Holy Jeezis Keeryste, we agree finally Howood!!! Seriously, you're spot on. Regardless of who runs the bus for the next 50 years, DAMAGE DONE. i'm totally serious about the next '50 years' part, too. Bin Laden did the Military Industrial Complex the biggest favor since World War One, one hundred years ago this week.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 06:58 AM

The 535 Representatives in the House and Senate YOU elected. YOU are the ones who didn't do due diligence before voting. You can blame them all you want but it's all of us who elected them and keeps electing them. You want this to stop, vote in Tea Party candidates who want a smaller, more responsible Government who is accountable to the People.

You keep electing Harry Reid and Nancy Peloci and expect something other than criminality in government? You are the problem.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:

I'll vote for the war criminals being brought to justice.

The awful economic catastrophe That Junior and Dick left behind, combined with an ongoing effort to scare the crap out of folks about terrorists diverted the attention from the real needs of this nation. We continue to pay a price for what they did. Yet, the war profiteers just keep getting richer. That include they guy who stole someone else's heart.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."

--Goering at the Nuremberg Trials

History can be terrifying.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 09:46 AM

Thanks mono ... one can put a different perspective on things rather quickly using history IMHO

That's not to say everything is always exactly the same

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

History can be terrifying.

Dennis,
That "history" is rather present. :light:

Don't believe everything you think....
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2014 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Holy Jeezis Keeryste, we agree finally Howood!!! Seriously, you're spot on. Regardless of who runs the bus for the next 50 years, DAMAGE DONE. i'm totally serious about the next '50 years' part, too. Bin Laden did the Military Industrial Complex the biggest favor since World War One, one hundred years ago this week.

And sadly, Ike is spinning is his grave.:(
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.