Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: This proposed seabed mining offshore mag bay looks alarming
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-31-2014 at 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
DT, was in Montezuma Creek and Aneth just 4 weeks ago. The stench of crude in the bottoms along the river is still unbearable, and the Local no-see-ums still have horrible congenital health problems from years of living in it. My geo-bud still works the fields around there monitoring new wells for the Bad Gas stages in the upper Pennsylvanian layers. You probably know him; he's been there 40 years and still working it. His initials are G. S. , lives in Bluff. Grouchy old curmudgeon, unlike the rest of us. I also battled a few oil well fires in that area when I was a VFF.

Sorry to hear that the area still stinks, I can still remember that smell.

I would say that that field is the perfect example of what can happen when there is no effective oversight or concern for the environment. A lot of the wells in that area were drilled a long time ago before protecting the environment was a big concern. Where do you place the blame, on the producers or the Navajo tribe? I think they both share the blame equally. That being said I'm encouraged to see how far we in the US have come as it pertains to protecting the environment. We still have a way to go, we always will. The Navajo tribe is a sovereign nation, they can do as they please with their country, much like Mexico.

[Edited on 7-31-2014 by dtbushpilot]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2014 at 12:25 PM

....no worries DT,,,I was trying to make a point in general,,,voicing from a place of frustration........I kinda feel that we'd all be doing better if the big picture was kept in mind.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 08:24 AM

"The Navajo tribe is a sovereign nation, they can do as they please with their country, much like Mexico."
The Earth is one planet - we humans' home. Ignorance in industry, when surrounded by facts, past history (huge irreversible scars), governmental laws, moral decency, and respect for all life, for the sake of making a buck for a relative few is unconscionable and irresponsible - no matter what spot on the planet it is happening. And neither Navajos nor Mexicans have a right to damage Earth - our home.
Has mankind learned nothing - does greed still prevail in spite?
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 08:28 AM

yup.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

solosancarlos
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lobsterman
I suppose you live in a cave, grow your own fruits and vegetables, have no electronic devices or electricity in your cave and walk to work. If not you are only fooling yourself with your self-righteousness.

agreed
some people just love to complain
if they were eating nuts and berries and living in a cave their life expectancy may crest 40
there may be a solution here
let them go off the grid and eat bark and maggots
off the grid means no internet complaining
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by solosancarlos
...off the grid means no internet complaining

We have lived here for years off-grid and I still am able to enjoy my daily dose of "internet complaining", quite well, thank you...

:lol::lol::lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 09:19 AM

http://www.floridatrend.com/article/7700/one-last-big-push-f...

This is what it will look like.

And the phosphate mining project in Namibia was shelved for 1 1/2 years due to EIA concerns. Thousands of pages of research online - none of it portends a beneficial outcome for the Don Diego project.
solosancarlos
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone

And the phosphate mining project in Namibia was shelved for 1 1/2 years due to EIA concerns. Thousands of pages of research online - none of it portends a beneficial outcome for the Don Diego project.

you should just shoot yourself now and avoid all the future suffering
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 09:28 AM

Can I get a Baja Fog please!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2014 at 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone

Marine phosphate mining has never been done before. The Namibia proposed project has been stopped because of environmental concerns, as has a proposed project in New Zealand.

Read More

Where is this proposed Mexican project? In the bay or offshore?

[Edited on 8-2-2014 by SFandH]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.