BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Hughes Net Help in Mulege??
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 09:35 AM

Thank You

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2014 at 03:32 PM

To all: I have been working with Alan by internet. I can't say enough about his patience with me and the time he's put in trying to get my HN back up. If there is a fault in getting HN up for me it is with my inability to follow instructions. We're still working on it. Right now I think I need my antenna tweeked a bit and update the modem software. When Bob returns I'm sure he'll do me right.

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 10-15-2014 at 05:41 AM

Sorry I couldn't get you going, Russ.

You hung in there pretty well but it looks like you have a bad radio outside. Bob will get you going when he comes down, and I'll be here as a backstop.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2014 at 01:54 PM

Thanks Alan, I can't believe your patience with me and the many hours we spent e-mailing and trying so many things. I have learned quite a bit from you. I'll keep my patience in check too and wait for Bob. Sometime in the future I'm going to try something like willyAirstream proposed. I think it would be much higher speed than Hughes.

BCSTech
Senior Nomad

Mood: Carpe Manana

[*] posted on 11-4-2014 at 12:08 PM

Bob Henderson has been running around restoring HughesNet service ever since he came back. Maybe he'll chime in here but, for now, I'll ring his bell.

Out of about 20 systems he's restarted since he came back, it's been mostly just the usual hardware, cable and dish re-pointing issues. He had to replace a couple of bad radios (Russ and others), which is the weakest part on these systems due to Baja heat and moisture. In some cases, he simply reran the modem registrations and they came back up.

Wanted to reassure everyone neither Bob not I have run into any arbitrary HughesNet account shutoffs. Also, there was a wild-ass rumor passed around about a mass shut down that would happen at the end of October. We're here at Nov 4, still able to write up new accounts, and the earth hasn't tipped on its axis.

Alan Thompson

El Dorado Networks

News For The Left Coast of Baja:
The Baja Western Onion
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2014 at 08:29 PM

I don't now why but over the last week in the morning my Hughes has been so slow or won't open pages that I have had to go back to the banda ancha. Sometimes the web acceleration is nonoperational. but mostly it just doesn't work until after 10 am.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.