Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A public Thank you to Jeff
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2002 at 11:46 AM
A public Thank you to Jeff

I'm so glad you found this board and will be able to continue to participate in political discussions with us. I just wanted to give you a public Thanks for having stuck your neck out in my defense and risked expulsion from the other board in doing so. I would shake your hand if I could. I'm sure you know that I'm no "terrorist", but those accusations continue over there, and I'm, of course left with no way to defend myself. I'm sure that after what happened, many people would be asking themselves "who's next" if they couldn't level charges greater than "being political" at me, so I can only assume that's why they have pulled this "terrorist" thing out of their bag of tricks.

Anyway, I know the format here takes a little getting used to, but once you do, I think you'll like it. I find that remembering to log-in before I pull up a screen to post on is my biggest headache. I've attempted to login on the post screen and it kicks my post completely out saying "invalid username", so be sure and log before you even pull a screen up for reply or a new post. Other than that, I find the system pretty user friendly. You don't have to load up each post in a thread, which I find delightful and there are no anonymous attackers lurking around every corner.

Thanks again for speaking up. I really appreciated it. I'm off on a blanket run to Nogales this afternoon (the weather's cooling quickly this year), so I may not get a chance to check the site tonight. I've yet to see if I can follow my own resolution and drive by those yummy shrimp c-cktail stands without going in. This will be a test....Talk to you later. - Stephanie
RH

[*] posted on 11-27-2002 at 01:34 PM
CHOPY CHAVES

STEPH, I have been banned from the Amigos board apparently for giving DK some crap. It seems Chopy left the board in protest for your and Nosey's ouster. Do you have his e-mail address?
I'm not sure how this site works but I'll learn............... RH (Bob Leas)
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 11-27-2002 at 06:44 PM
Change is good

I think everything happens for a good reason, and i am sure glad i found this board, you can discuss anything you want as long as you remain civil and respectful of others, thats great. Lets now work on helping all the new people so we can make this the best Baja board in the Net.

Saludos

Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2002 at 09:14 PM

STEPH, I have been banned from the Amigos board apparently for giving DK some crap. It seems Chopy left the board in protest for your and Nosey's ouster. Do you have his e-mail address?
I'm not sure how this site works but I'll learn............... RH (Bob Leas)

Hi Bob. Along with Jesse, I welcome you to this board, a veritable home of free speech by comparison to "amigos". If its moderation stays tolerant, and I have no reason to doubt it will, this will wind up being a much used board.

I'd love to give you chopy's address, but can't do so without his permission and haven't spoken with him lately. If you want to send me your address on a U2U (the instant messaging feature this site has), I'll be sure and forward it to him with your request for contact.

I've seen that chopy's been posting on Fred's board lately. Someone needs to beg him over here too! I did once, but will try again.

Keep your chin up. Getting kicked off the amigos board has, at this point, become a badge of honor for me and it's just delightful to be able to speak my mind without having to constantly defend my own and everybody else's right to do so.

Watch for more people disappearing from the other board. Once a few get the power rush of playing dictator, it's like a dog that's tasted blood and just won't quit biting. They'll need new prey. I just stay away from engaging those people like the plague that they've become.

Hope to see you around here often, Bob. - Stephanie

reefrocket
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2002 at 11:55 PM

HI Steph, PLAGUE here. Not really just thought you need a blood pressure boost. You said it was a bit scary when you trip through my mind. YOU OT' TO LIVE IN HERE! TALK ABOUT SCARY!:D!

Came back to add a PS: Chopy is IN LOVE and only occasionally post on Freds got BETTER thing on his mind. Bless his heart:saint:

[Edited on 28-11-2002 by reefrocket]
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2002 at 12:20 AM

I have a hard enough time dealing with my own highly viscous brain matter. Gotta put the tall boots on some times just to get around at all in there!-Stephanie:saint::moon::P

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.