Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 08:20 AM
On Any Sunday, The Next Chapter Official Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byeEFSR8ds8
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 08:27 AM

Looking forward to it I wore out my on any sunday and dust to glory.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 09:27 AM

Can't get enough of their films....waiting patiently :cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 09:33 AM

...I like the last quote......''it's a disease,,and once you have it it doesn't leave your body......-ever-. :?::?:
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
...I like the last quote......''it's a disease,,and once you have it it doesn't leave your body......-ever-. :?::?:

When the doctors said I was denying my intelligence if I continued to ride, I sold my 17th. and final motorcycle. I'm down to a 350 with four big fat spongy tires. If my disease ever goes terminal, I'm gonna buy another fast motorcycle ASAP. When I bought my X-6 Suzuki in 1967, the guy I bought it from had to show me how to ride it home. I'd never been on a bike without pedals. In '69 I set a new World Record at Bonneville on a different X-6. By '72 I could R and R the 5 speed in a Yamaha 175 from running to running in an hour and 14 minutes in a high end shop. Though they occasionally kicked my butt, it was all joy from there. I'm not so sure, any more, that 'motorcycles' is the disease that will kill me, but I know I'll carry the disease 'til I die. Can't wait to see the latest film! I hope some of you guys (M/F) will share what motorcycles have meant to you...

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 10:37 AM

...great footage,,,,but I'm glad I became boat-obsessed instead---there's plenty of adrenal action when the winds on....but crashes don't usually hurt as much :)
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 10:52 AM

In on any sunday II at the end of the desert racing segment they zoom in on a badly broken foot, with the comment "yeah, desert racing's alot of fun". thats willardguy's foot at the end of the checkchase, early 80's. in the movie "desert racing" willardguy can be seen in a number of embarrassing dismounts, yup there's a definite pattern there! :lol:
for all you old sledriders, http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/great-60s-desert-racing-mov...
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 12:11 PM

The Cafe Husky piece is great! Thanks for sharing that. Just a notch before my time. There were desert sleds still on the line for my only desert race! :lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 02:32 PM

brings back great memories of the late 60's trips in northern Baja, thanks Cliff
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 02:50 PM

I miss my CZ400 from years ago.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
Quote:
Originally posted by micah202

When the doctors said I was denying my intelligence if I continued to ride, I sold my 17th. and final motorcycle. I'm down to a 350 with four big fat spongy tires. If my disease ever goes terminal, I'm gonna buy another fast motorcycle ASAP. When I bought my X-6 Suzuki in 1967, the guy I bought it from had to show me how to ride it home. I'd never been on a bike without pedals. In '69 I set a new World Record at Bonneville on a different X-6. By '72 I could R and R the 5 speed in a Yamaha 175 from running to running in an hour and 14 minutes in a high end shop. Though they occasionally kicked my butt, it was all joy from there. I'm not so sure, any more, that 'motorcycles' is the disease that will kill me, but I know I'll carry the disease 'til I die. Can't wait to see the latest film! I hope some of you guys (M/F) will share what motorcycles have meant to you...

My cousin is still chasing the 500cc record (suzuki 500) and he is in his 60's.. stock top speed on that 250 was around 100. They were very popular.

[Edited on 8-20-2014 by rts551]
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 05:02 PM

In round numbers, the little Suzuki did 117 on a 107 record with our best clocked one way at 121.621. It was really tricky tuning. Lots of holed pistons. Trying to reduce wheel spin to under 10% at top speed. I'd go again in a heartbeat!:lol:

Bill Kauth

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 05:16 PM

these bloated motorcycles and baja offroad scene with race support cannot begin to compare to the Mongol Rally. try driving unsupported from britain to mongolia with a limitation of automobile 1000 cc max engine and motorcycle 125 cc engine. doubtful you baja nomads can hack it!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 08:45 PM

WG,
Thanks for the link to the Husky site...:saint:

I have forwarded it to my gang...

And broken bits????

Silt is to blame:

Don't believe everything you think....
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 09:08 PM

Are you seriously saying that I am not up to the challenges of cruising leisurely around Europe in a mini van? Why is it that when they are "racing", no one ever tries to pass anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJLAdViooo

These guys are SO TOUGH they don't even wear helmets. Be sure to bring a lawn chair and a frizbie (if you are racing) it might be really boring otherwise!

Bill Kauth

o3dave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 11:05 PM

Haha, pretty sure I could Iron man that lousy euro race!
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 04:14 AM

MAN! that Husky vid brought it all back!!!! JN Roberts, Buck Smith, Smokebomb Goetz, and me. I hadda be in that run somewhere. Cactus Derby, B to V. Pearblossom weekends...Tequila buried in the sand...My first desert sled was a 500 Triumph with a 3 THREE speed tranny and a grainscoop skidplate...Bultaco, CZ, BSA Victor, Husky, Husky Husky...Where did the time go? THANKS!!!!!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 06:35 AM

Can't wait.

tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2014 at 08:14 PM

Looks good when is it coming out

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.