Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Pemex open at night near San felipe
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2014 at 07:49 AM

Okay... weird... Meme lives there, so I am going with her that it is open (again).

Yes, I have bought gas at both the Pemex in Gonzaga and at Rancho Grande before the Pemex finally opened. However, there around 6 gas stations in San Felipe area, so getting gas there should not be an issue.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2014 at 09:47 AM

I am not aware of anytime (even Samanta Santa) that the Pemex nearest Eldorado has been closed or especially boarded up. They do sometimes run out of gas on big holidays but are getting better at being prepared for them. We make sure we get gas BEFORE the touristas get here!! What was the "guy trip" smoking or drinking? :-) :-) :-)
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-29-2014 at 05:19 PM

I may be there tomorrow, so I will report on what I find, naturally!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2014 at 07:50 PM

Got gas tonite at eldorado Pemex. NP plenty to go around. Seemed to be business as usual.
dizzyspots
Senior Nomad

Mood: rather be on the beach at Gonzaga

[*] posted on 8-29-2014 at 09:14 PM

So...just to double check my sanity,,it was about 0500 in the morning...i called one of the TBR buddies that was with me...it WAS indeed closed..ie boarded up...perhaps for a remodel or something, but definitely not open for business...this would have been the Thurs before Semanta Santa...when we got to the traffic circle Pemex..we waited in line for the cashier to open...
meme
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2014 at 10:37 AM

I had dinner with 14 other people that live here last nite. None of them ever knew of a time the Pemex nearest Eldorado was ever closed up & boarded up.? We think someone must have been thinking of Pemex on airport road as you head south out of town? Even when they had an electricity outage they could not pump gas but the OXXO store was still open. No one ever remembers it being boarded up anytime & these are all people that live here full time.
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2014 at 06:35 PM

I use to get fuel at the in SF at the south pemex open all night, they gave the bank exchange rate . After it closed I use the El Dorado station because they give the bank rate . If you get fuel at Gonzaga you will get 12 to 1, and lose in the exchange. If you have pesos no problem but sounds like you are in a hurry.
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-30-2014 at 07:20 PM

Agree Meme...someone has to be thinking the Pemex south of the circle that closed and is fenced and boarded up...but clearly El Dorado Pemex is 24/7 but the store is not 24/7, but you can get gas or diesel there 24/7, I did very recently at 3 am...chasing the chupacabras!

Gas at Puertecitos, gas and diesel at Gonzaga, gas and diesel outta drums everywhere you just got ask, but everyone should have a mileage range of 300 miles and with 5 gallons you can go make it almost anywhere. Lol

Of course in the Dodge Cummins 4WD Black Mamba 75 gallon tank gets your a 1000 mile range...no kidding!

Mexican diesel is the BEST! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.