Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Baja Produce
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 04:46 PM
Baja Produce

Sorry about the last attempt. Had lunch at Baja Produce on Thursday, in south Rosarito. Great cheese platter with olive oil, bread, raw olives and pesto. The baguettes are equally great. Two house wines and two beers for about $22.00 including tip.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 04:52 PM

Yum sounds great
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 05:04 PM

I went in there two weeks ago. From the name, I expected an abundance of fresh fruit. There was a little tiny basket on the left side of the counter and 2 apples, a banana, and an avocado and an orange or two. That was the extent of the fresh fruit.

I asked for the chicken soup and the noodles looked days old. After eating, I felt a rumbling in my stomach and had to pull out the trusty Pepto-Bismol in my glove compartment. The baguette was good.
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 06:08 PM

Raw olives????????
guess you like bitter......

[Edited on 9-1-2014 by bajagrouper]

I hear the whales song
Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 08:49 PM

Yes, as long as the beer is cold. Give them a shot, we live close by, would be happy to give you a beer or a shot. We are only part timers.

Peace
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
I went in there two weeks ago. From the name, I expected an abundance of fresh fruit. There was a little tiny basket on the left side of the counter and 2 apples, a banana, and an avocado and an orange or two. That was the extent of the fresh fruit.

I asked for the chicken soup and the noodles looked days old. After eating, I felt a rumbling in my stomach and had to pull out the trusty Pepto-Bismol in my glove compartment. The baguette was good.

Who travels with Pepto Bismol in their glove compartment:?:

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy

Who travels with Pepto Bismol in their glove compartment:?:

Sometimes I pack a little PB. Never hurts.

I went into Baja Produce when I first saw it (3 years ago?). I went in to buy stuff like cabbage and cilantro, but there was none. There was olive oil and wine, so I asked the owner what`s up. He explained that "produce" meant items produced in Baja, not fresh fruits or veggies. I understood and it sounded like a great idea. The store is slowly expanding, and I wish him the best.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2014 at 11:23 PM

.......''I felt a rumbling in my stomach and had to pull out the trusty Pepto-Bismol in my glove compartment.''

really!?--grab the pepto every time you feel a rumble!?! :wow::wow::wow:

..you should check with a..........oh,nevermind

[Edited on 9-1-2014 by micah202]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 08:29 AM

I didn't say EVERY time. Your comments are hardly worth responding to.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 09:21 AM

I never thought of keeping pepto in glove box...... I do think its a good idea. Gracias, Doc.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
I didn't say EVERY time. Your comments are hardly worth responding to.

...well,sorry,,,but as one who titles themselves as a 'doctor',,I feel it important to make comment,,in case someone mistakes your 'felt stomach ache-took Pepto' comment as inferred advice.,as potentially dangerous as that might be.

...since you have seemingly claimed some sort of 'authority' by using such a title as 'doctor',,and have started a column specifically about PeptoBismol,(your latest sponsor??),,it seems important to hold your comments to account.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 10:22 AM

Look out!!!!
A Canadian health care expert holding an MD to account.
Jajaja!
sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tioloco
Look out!!!!
A Canadian health care expert holding an MD to account.
Jajaja!
sorry, couldn't resist. Carry on.

..'jaja' as you say....I don't claim to be an expert by any means,,,but it's an unfortunate truth that if a person claims to be a 'doctor' then indeed they are and should be held to a higher account when talking about potential remedies.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 12:40 PM

You know Micah, I don't have to explain myself to you or anyone else who feels they have a better grasp on the human medical condition.

I don't want to argue with you Micah. If you don't want to take Pepto Bismol, don't. If you don't like my posts, don't read them. And if you want to give medical advice, be my guest. I am going to enjoy this beautiful summer day and I hope you will too. By the way the Mexican government recognizes my license number and the United States accredits the school I went to. Your quote unquote doctor comments are defamatory and slanderous.

[Edited on 9-1-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 12:48 PM

Doc,
It seems the Internet forum allows some people to arm chair quarterback things they are not experts on.
I wouldn't let a few naysayers ruffle your feathers. You seem to be trying to help people here. Blow off the bad mojo.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
.well,sorry,,,but as one who titles themselves as a 'doctor',,I feel it important to make comment,,in case someone mistakes your 'felt stomach ache-took Pepto' comment as inferred advice.,as potentially dangerous as that might be.

...since you have seemingly claimed some sort of 'authority' by using such a title as 'doctor',,and have started a column specifically about PeptoBismol,(your latest sponsor??),,it seems important to hold your comments to account.

...well jaja and 'doctor'...it seems my best response is to repeat what I already said.....I can't imagine -anybody- would want people to get the idea that it's smart to take peptoB every time you get a tummy ache,,,even though that's what the good 'doctor' seems to say --that would be misleading and possibly libellous,,,,not to mention nonprofessional. :D;D
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 06:57 PM

I never said to take it every time. Putting words in my mouth is also libelous and misleading. Nonprofessional is not an adjective by the way, it's a noun. I think you meant unprofessional which is an adjective. Give it a rest, Micah.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2014 at 07:14 PM

Quote:
I never said to take it every time. Putting words in my mouth is also libelous and misleading. Nonprofessional is not an adjective by the way, it's a noun. I think you meant unprofessional which is an adjective. Give it a rest, Micah.

....you think I'm being 'libelous and misleading',,then cut to the chase and sue me.
..you ,a 'doctor' who gives pepto-advice on this forum stated....''I felt a rumbling in my stomach and had to pull out the trusty Pepto-Bismol''...if you do not understand how your statement can be misleading in the context of this forum ,,,,,, I'm.just.in.awe.:wow::wow::wow:
...you seem to want to claim the credibility of calling yourself 'doctor',,,but deny your responsibility at every chance--think about what you're saying!!!!!!

:barf::barf::barf:
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2014 at 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:

....you think I'm being 'libelous and misleading',,then cut to the chase and sue me.
..you ,a 'doctor' who gives pepto-advice on this forum stated....''I felt a rumbling in my stomach and had to pull out the trusty Pepto-Bismol''...if you do not understand how your statement can be misleading in the context of this forum ,,,,,, I'm.just.in.awe.:wow::wow::wow:
...you seem to want to claim the credibility of calling yourself 'doctor',,,but deny your responsibility at every chance--think about what you're saying!!!!!!

:barf::barf::barf:

....c'mon Doc--nothing!?

...I guess your lawyers are looking into the best way to expedite your cause,eh:P

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.