BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Border crossing- shorter wait at San Ysidro now???
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
Question please,

How does one qualify to use the Ready Lane. We have applied for Sentri, but still waiting.

Many thanks

Ron and Mary Ann

get a passport "card" with the embedded rfid chip; if you sign up for big brother tracking, then big brother lets you use the readi lane!
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 03:10 PM

Sentri users with trailers or lots of stuff returning from Baja should use the Ready Lane instead of Sentri, to use Ready Lane these are the guidelines:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1211/~/ready-la...
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 03:21 PM

Heading down for tacos Sunday! I'll report back on la linea!!

Maron
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 03:27 PM

mtgoat666

Thanks for the feedback.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maron
Question please,

How does one qualify to use the Ready Lane. We have applied for Sentri, but still waiting.

Many thanks

Ron and Mary Ann

It can take up to six months before you hear anything, so be patient.

To use the Ready Lane, you will need a Passport Card. You can print out the application, have your photos taken, and make an appointment to have it processed at the location of your choice, and it'll come in about two weeks or less.
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2014 at 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlosg
Sentri users with trailers or lots of stuff returning from Baja should use the Ready Lane instead of Sentri, to use Ready Lane these are the guidelines:

I moved 99 3/4% of my belongings in my Chevy Astrovan back from Tijuana in the Sentri Lanes. It was loaded to the top, and I was only stopped once. I asked in advance, and was told I could use it, so I did.

It made it a lot easier to move back, too!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 01:38 PM

The border wait times look much shorter from these border cameras:

http://www.bordertraffic.com/California-Baja/San-Ysidro-Tiju...

carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tjsue
Quote:
Originally posted by carlosg

I moved 99 3/4% of my belongings in my Chevy Astrovan back from Tijuana in the Sentri Lanes. It was loaded to the top, and I was only stopped once. I asked in advance, and was told I could use it, so I did.

It made it a lot easier to move back, too!

tjsue...

...you're right, however before my camping trip I asked the officer at the Sentri post about using that lane to cross with my camping equipment and he replied that I would be sent to secondary... also a fellow I know used to cross the Sentri lane on his truck loaded with pool service equipment and chemicals every day and had no problem... I just like to stay on the safe side because "they're" always looking for some excuse to make sure that people crossing the border know who is in charge... and that's ok but sometimes they'll go overboard... so be careful with cracked windshields or missing license plates... it ALL goes into your record...:)
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2014 at 10:59 PM

I asked the officer when I went to sign my lease if I could use the sentry lanes to move. He said that it was ok, as long as they could see what I had loaded.

I took over five loads of boxes, each time loaded to the top of the inside of my van, and was only stopped and sent to secondary once. The other officers didn't care, just asked what I had, and when I told them I was moving back to San Diego, they just waved me through.

The van that I had at that time had no cracks in any windows, nor missing license plates. Everything that I did at the time regarding moving my stuff back to San Diego was perfectly legal.

I spent three months going to secondary every time I crossed, whether I walked or drove, so I'm quite familiar with the system, and lots of the officers got to know me, and didn't keep me more than a few minutes.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:25 AM

"it ALL goes on your record":o

remember when you're old it doesn't matter anymore...
they don't look at THAT record "there" up or down

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 07:48 AM

Crossed yesterday at about 1:00pm. Missed the turn for the San Ysidro crossing so went on to the Otay crossing. accidentally got in the Ready Lane and the wait was about 20 minutes. BTW the lines for the "All Traffic" lanes were shorter than the Ready Lane. My wife was worried we were going to get lectured since we don't have a passport card, but the officer at the booth was very friendly and said "no problem, everybody does it". Thirty seconds and were were across. Guess I'll get a passport card just the same. We were thinking that the shorter lines at SY probably also impacted teh Otay crossing positivitely as well.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 09:14 AM

Quote:

I took over five loads of boxes, each time loaded to the top of the inside of my van, and was only stopped and sent to secondary once. The other officers didn't care, just asked what I had, and when I told them I was moving back to San Diego, they just waved me through.

Maybe they waved you through because they put a note in your record that you previously notified them that you were moving.

Everytime you cross the guard has the option of adding a note to your record concerning his observations. Other guards can read the note and add more at subsequent crossings. They can do that now I think in every lane. Maybe just the RFID lanes.

That can be good or bad for you, depending upon what was written.

[Edited on 9-28-2014 by SFandH]
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 09:39 AM

Significantly shorter waits at the border! Thank you President Obama!!!!

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
skipowell
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 02:35 PM

Seems to be back to the old program today. 40 minutes in Sentri at 1pm Sunday
Other lines were fairly long also
bummer

[Edited on 9-28-2014 by skipowell]
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:

Maybe they waved you through because they put a note in your record that you previously notified them that you were moving.

Everytime you cross the guard has the option of adding a note to your record concerning his observations. Other guards can read the note and add more at subsequent crossings. They can do that now I think in every lane. Maybe just the RFID lanes.

That can be good or bad for you, depending upon what was written.

[Edited on 9-28-2014 by SFandH]

Nothing was added to my record, and I really don't care if they put anything on it or not. It all depends on the officer at the border when you get there.

For the first three months after I moved to Tijuana, I went to secondary, and it didn't matter if I drove or I walked. The reason that I was sent to secondary, is because when I applied for my Sentri pass the first time, the "very young" officer decided that since I was low income, I was a risk.

Since I was a regular border crosser, the officers got tired of seeing me, and tried to figure out why I was sent to secondary, since I had nothing on my record. One of the officers said that he couldn't figure it out, but a note was put on my record in June to go to secondary. June (2013) is when I applied and was denied my Sentri pass.

I appealed it through a TRIP Report, and after about a month, I wasn't going to secondary anymore, but they never told me why I was sent there. All I got was a form letter in the mail with various reasons on it, but no specific reason.

I'm done and finished with that mess. Now the only reason that I have to cross the border is to either buy medication or have dental work done.

[Edited on 9-28-2014 by tjsue]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
Significantly shorter waits at the border! Thank you President Obama!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by skipowell
bummer

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 03:07 PM

Quote:
bummer

hoards of folks heading up to the murph to watch the chargers shred the jaguars?
tjsue
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
bummer

hoards of folks heading up to the murph to watch the chargers shred the jaguars?

That and the Paul McCartney concert at Petco.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2014 at 05:25 PM

Go Chargers.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.