Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Thieves and crooked cops
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-28-2014 at 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve&;Debby
The gun is only for protection when we are there, so far I don't know of a gun I can get that will protect my house when I am not there to pick it up point and shoot.:spingrin::spingrin:

Guess I should have anticipated the response. My I offer this then to help you along

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Mexico

good luck.
Steve&Debby
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2014 at 08:30 PM

Not looking to start a gun debate just info. Thanks rts551 for the info.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 10-29-2014 at 08:58 PM

After several years of internal debate with myself, it dawned on me; ALL of the houses in Baja have bars on the windows and doors. This is not a debate of theft just on the Gringo populace, La Gente have the same problema in spades. It has been a problem since I first learned Mexico, and I cannot justify living in an environment where I have to place myself in a jail cell to protect me and mine. Ergo, I carried my house up and down the peninsula every trip for years and years. When younger would have given anything to be able to ex-pat and be a B.C.S. resident full-time; now when retired/disabled, with all the where-to-fore to do it, won't.

I won't list the things stolen from me, been some. Seen worse around me over the years, including strong-arm robbery (yes, in the States, too...) but the worst was when my outboard was stolen, and I am sure the culprit(s) included a perp that i'd known since he was 8 years old (now would have been 21) and I felt part of their family, felt like a 'Tio' to him.... but he'd turned Marijuano and had no respect for Los Pinc*e Gringos that he'd grown up with, still to this day. That hurt worse than losing a motor.

The pilfering has gotten worse, just like the economy. Desperate times lead to desperate acts, and things ain't getting any better out there. Paradise is not in Utopia, but in BALANCE. The balance is in keeping your happiness in tact and your losses at a minimum. That goes anywhere you are, here or there. I just cannot and will not live in my own jail. I have enough 'bars' of my own on my inner windows. In my little village in N.M. I don't lock my doors ever, found my paradise of safety, and visit Baja now, my second home, but first love... that's MY balance........
.....for now......

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.