BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Going, going, almost gone.....
Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 09:36 AM
Going, going, almost gone.....

First I?d like to wish all you Nomad?s a very happy and safe holiday season.

In about three weeks I will be making a trip down south,,, Ensenada to Cabo and back. I do this three times a year, mostly as time off but I also use it to collect fresh content for my site and try and sign up new people.

This time around will be a first?. I am packing the Jeep with just the bare necessities and heading out solo?.. no family, friend?s, dogs or mother-in-laws? just me and my camera?

The reason I am writing is because I would like to do this whole trip (approximately 3 weeks) by just camping?. When I get to Cabo I will be staying with a friend but between Santa Rosalia and Cabo it will camping,,,, tent camping?.. I would like to solicit ?near town, beach? camp sites for the following cities. I?m hoping to catch some new sights and meet new people along the way?.

Stops I need to make:
Santa Rosalia
Mulege
Loreto
La Paz
East Cape
Cabo

If you have precise directions it would be helpful.

Let?s roll folks??

Tio Rocky

www.BAJAEVENTS.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 10:07 AM

Happy Holidays to you Tio Rocky... sounds like you got the right idea for a Baja good time! You will find some great locations, just take any dirt road you see... they all go some place really great!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 10:18 AM
Plan

Happy Holiday's back at ya David....

That is pretty much my plan but I need to be near these towns because each morning I will have to pack everything up.... take care of business in town then head back out to another site...

I will be "trying" to post real time reports while on the road..... problem is I have to keep up with the site while gone.... answering tons of emails every few days or so?. Maybe I could get you to take over the site for a few weeks?. It?s only about a thousand html pages? and who knows how many daily emails to answer?. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 10:37 AM

LOL

Gee, I don't know what to say...

Yes I do, thanks but no thanks!

I still have stuff to do with my web site that is on the back burner.

For example:

On my Baja missions section there will be floor plans of most of the mission sites added. AcademicAnarchist is after me to get that done!

I did get the last trip (El Rosario) saved and over to my web site from my page builder on WebTV. Still have lots more to convert.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 12:20 PM

Merry Christmas to all!
If you want to camp on the Eastcape from La Playa to Cabo Pulmo, all you really have to do is find a spot. We have camped in almost every arroyo on the beach. The problem this time of year is wind. The closer you get to La Playa, the less wind.
There is a campground in San Lucas. From # 1 headed south and just before San Lucas follow the signs to the left to La Estancia and Villas de Palmar. After you cross the arroyo you will see a road to the left(a fork in the road) take that and you will find this campground. The lady who runs it is very nice and she also has rooms if your tent is getting old by then.
Have a great trip! Maybe we will run into you here in San Jose!

Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 12:36 PM
On the list

Judy...... your book store is actually on my list..... want to see if we can start selling them on my site..... ;)

Tio Rocky

www.BAJAEVENTS.com
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 01:52 PM

ha tio do you want free sites or full service I can point you to both here in Mulege

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 08:05 PM

Santa Rosalia might be a tough one... but hell, it's CHEAP sleeps in town.

Mulege - the river mouth has been recommended to me many times, but I've always chosen the 20 minute (plus/minus) drive from Bahia Concepcion - for more primitive camping check out the scene at Playa Coyote - and if it's "zoo'd" - maybe head back up to Playa Burro. There are indian petroglyphs (and a bell-sounding rock) a few yards up from the highway at Playa Burro.

Loreto - I've just driven out on the beach just to the north of town before (and camped for the night) without any hassles. YMMV.

La Paz - this is a tough one. Many reports over time of problems out towards Balandra and Tecolote at night. Good camping out towards Los Planes area though. La Paz has CHEAP sleeps in town also to consider.

East Cape - Find somewhere out the Rural Coastal Road.

Cabo - For SJdC, again, out the Rural Coastal Road. For CSL - good luck. Sleep in the vehicle.

:lol:

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 12-24-2004 at 09:36 PM
tio

15 years ago my bro's pulled up on this cove. last year, the next time i got that far (not really far, after all) my son and i RE-FOUND the same palapas at gps co-ords N26 38.259 - W111 49.897 i still can't tell you exactly where, except south of mulege. no nothing but 5-6 palapas and a beautiful starry sky to lull you to sleep. in june there were no bugs, but there were fist sized crabs creeping in the shallows... so keep yer toes outta the water!

Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2004 at 08:52 AM
full-service?

Hey Bruce,,,, I always prefer full service but I?m always afraid to ask? :lol::lol::lol:

Bruce, Doug, Woody,
The Mulege area is by far the easiest with the playas just south of town?. I usually stay at El Burro because of the restaurant,,, great food at very reasonable prices,,, camp out next to old Baja Gary there and share a few beers with him? The last trip down I traveled a little future south and discovered a new smaller site called Playa Paradise?. Only has about six Palapa?s but is gorgeous? this may be the place you talking about Woody?. It?s the first camp sit (about a 1000 yards) past the one where you can walk to the little island?

This past May I spend a week at Balandra and even though I had no problems there were times at night I felt uncomfortable with the young locals coming at night to drink beer with friends? I was staying in a old motor home and was left alone?. What I will do this time because I am alone is just scot them both out and find other people camping and camp near them?.

I was thinking something south of Loreto?. Or possible a night at hotel Brenda,,, $22 bucks with hot water? beds are a little bumpy?. Maybe it?s from the cantina across the street?:saint: it is a must this trip down to see the mission?

Doug,,,, where is Los Planes????
I never sleep in my car?. I sleep under it?:lol::lol::lol:

Tio Rocky

www.BAJAEVENTS.com

Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2004 at 09:01 AM
The Beast

Anyone seeing the Beast heading down the road,,, wave me down and the first beers on me??..

Note that it also has a black rack on the back with CA plates..

Tio Rocky

LaTijereta
Super Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 12-25-2004 at 09:29 AM
South of Loreto

Tio,
South of Loreto check-out Ensenada Blanca (25miles below, and easy access off the hwy). Nice white playa to camp on. Then on down to Bahia Aqua Verde will give you a great location just south of the town.:D 41 km in off the hwy, but worth the effort to get down to the beach.

Oh, the Bar Marlin across from Brenda's is always a wild time.:lol::lol:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-25-2004 at 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tio Rocky
Doug,,,, where is Los Planes????

La Ventana to Bahia Muertos (now Sue?os) area southeast of La Paz:
http://www.ventana-windsurf.com/travelinfo/map.html

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 12-25-2004 at 05:03 PM
Ensenada Blanca

Quote:
Originally posted by LaTijereta
Tio,
South of Loreto check-out Ensenada Blanca (25miles below, and easy access off the hwy). Nice white playa to camp on. Then on down to Bahia Aqua Verde will give you a great location just south of the town.:D 41 km in off the hwy, but worth the effort to get down to the beach.

Oh, the Bar Marlin across from Brenda's is always a wild time.:lol::lol:

Turn off at Ligui, head east and at the well used road that goes south, take it. Ahead goes to Playa Ligui and the south road goes to Ensnada Blanca. Just southeast of this cross road at the edge of the arroyo was Mision San Juan Bautista de Ligui y Malibat. Only rubble in the enlarged arroyo may remain of Baja's third mission. Here's Ensenada Blanca...

Tio Rocky
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2004 at 03:42 PM
Thanks

Thanks for all the help everyone.... when I map out the trip I will write all this down....

Salute.
Tio Rocky

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.