Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Opinions new 60 hp Suzuki outboard
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2014 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by brewer
I think Suzuki is making a great motor. I've seen them now on pangas in Abreojos and Bahia Asuncion. I've looked into it and think I'm going Suzuki.

Does anyone have info on finding them online? Basically, the best deal out there.

Thanks

http://boatplacenaples.com/suzuki_outboards_60.html

Some places will not ship to you direct, but will ship to a dealer who does the install.

Boats.net only handles the smaller portable models on Suzuki.

I bought a Yamaha from this place before. No sales tax as I was taking the motor directly to MX
They can get you one easily enough. (Suzuki)

JP Marine/JP Motor Sports
630 Bay Blvd. #106
Chula Vista, CA 91910-5262
619-564-4935

[Edited on 10-31-2014 by DaliDali]

[Edited on 10-31-2014 by DaliDali]

Stiktime

[*] posted on 10-31-2014 at 12:51 PM

I had a 75 2 stroke that was a decent motor but would never buy another. Finding parts and a Suzk mechanic in L.A. area was a nightmare. Went to Honda 4 strokes and never looked back. There may be some as good but never found one any better !
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-31-2014 at 01:27 PM
Zuks

They seem to be fine motors Imo... just not a lot of them around...my self have only serviced a handful..just a few days ago was starting to scope a 2002 yammy F225 for the known exhaust corrosion problem when the custermer stated he almost bought another boat with a new Zuk on her but was told only a authorized dealer was allowed to service and maintain the warrety ?? first I had heard of that!! last week found the reverse gear thrust washer and bearing from the factory missing in a 90hp Honda..go figure !!:cool: if this motor is only for Baja ,,I would really look into service,repair & parts !! K&T
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2014 at 02:00 PM

I read this on the internet so it must be true! suzuki outboards.

Suzuki is the largest manufacture of outboards worldwide
First outboard to introduce hp ratings at prop and not at the flywheel.
First outboard to introduce oil injection.
First outboard to introduce gravity oil feeds after carb. That mean no oil pumps to brake.
First and only outboard to have a completly stainless steel water pump houseing. Others use alum. or plastic.
First and only outboard to have dual spark plugs for better fuel burn.
First outboard to introduce advanced Microlink™ ignition system to max. fuel to air ratio.(That means better fuel burn)
First outboard to introduce a engine monitor system w/ gauge.
First outboard to introduce EFI.
First outboard to introduce EFI on 4 strokes.
First outboard to introduce 140 4 stroke engine that weighs just 410 pounds fully rigged. That’s not only considerably less than competitive 2 stroke 140s and 150s, it’s less than Merc's 135 HP outboards!
First and only outboard to offer a 3yr warranty on all there engines and you could buy extended 3yrs that means 6 yrs of coverage. Also extended warranty is the cheapest to buy from the 5 major brands.(Yammie,Merc,Honda,bom(a.k.a Omc) and Suzuki).
In 2000 & 2001 Evinrude bought the 40hp,50hp,70hp 4 strokes from suzuki and painted it blue & stuck a evinrude sticker on them
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-31-2014 at 05:16 PM
Whao there hoss !!

I don't know about all of that !! some,, I know to true,,BUT.....the part about all SS waterpump housing is a False !! I see a lot of all SS w/p..hell my badass's 2005 mercury (2) 2 stroke 75's have All SS w/p's....the yammys have a plastic housing with ss "cup" and wear plate and IMO a poor design !! about half the ones I see the housing has a slight melt on the top were the shaft exits...and flushing 200 hp and up is a b-tch!! carry on !!:cool:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.