Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Simple Tequila Drink
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 12:37 PM
Simple Tequila Drink

While in La Paz a couple of weeks ago, I was barbecuing some chicken in the back yard, and it hit me...I needed a drink.

Something not too heavy, not beer this time, light and easy to drink. Not sour like a good Margarita, not too sweet either, but definitely REFRESHING.

What the heck, I am not opposed to letting a little buzz creep up on me. You know, a little buzz can always lead to a bigger buzz. So, I said to myself "let me see, what do I have on hand that's quick, easy, simple. After all, I can't leave the grill for very long.

I named it "Manzana Gold".
Here it is.

MANZANA GOLD
Tall glass with ice
1 shot of tequila (I used Jose Cuervo Gold, the cheap stuff)
Juice from 1 squeezed Mexican key lime
Fill the glass to the top with cold apple soda
Garnish with lime wheel on edge of glass.

Man, it worked! The drink was perfect for what I wanted. Really light, not too sweet, but sweet enough, great clean and crisp flavor, very refreshing and easy to drink. Gave it to some people and they really liked it too. Surprised everybody, even some that do not normally drink much.

Baja has several good apple sodas in most all of their stores. Hard to find apple soda state side, though.

[Edited on 2-6-2015 by MitchMan]
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 03:02 PM

Isn't tequila a lot like bacon? Whatever you add it to only gets better.

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 2-6-2015 at 03:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by StuckSucks  
Isn't tequila a lot like bacon? Whatever you add it to only gets better.

So true...but it's always fun to hear new approaches and to sample....

How about this one:

Corvette Summer on Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations -Clear tequila -Fresh squeezed grapefruit juice -Tonic -Lime

I remember a long ago movie, not very good, named Corvette Summer. I like the drink better.....

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 05:59 AM

Fresca and limon are a match too, however Mexican Fresca is NOT a diet soda; full sugar component. Us older type II diabetics are just s.o.l. any more... can't even do fresh grapefruit juice because of statin and BP meds.

Guess i'll just have to suffer with sipping my Corralejo neat. :coolup:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 07:54 AM
THE 'ANYTIME'

ANYTIME PATIO TEQUILA

Here's a favorite and refreshing tequila drink we've been honing for a few years. Great after a long hot day on the water...consider it your reward for bringing home the fish dinner.

In a pitcher, stir together a half-pint or so of good tequila, a bottle of Pacifico, and a can each of 7-Up and frozen limeade concentrate. Pour into frosty mugs full of ice and chill out on the patio for the rest of the afternoon.

Edit to add another Baja drink...a variation of that great thirst quencher, the 'Gin and Tonic'. This gives that old standby a new taste you might like. Very easy and quick..just add two drops of Angostura bitters to perk up your day.

[Edited on 2-7-2015 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 07:55 AM

One of my favorite evening drinks is Agavero which is a tequila liquor and is best served after the bottle has spent the night in the freezer. So I tried a medium Tequila and added just the right amount of Agave syrup and Viola, I have the same thing as Agavero.

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 11:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
Fresca and limon are a match too, however Mexican Fresca is NOT a diet soda; full sugar component. Us older type II diabetics are just s.o.l. any more... can't even do fresh grapefruit juice because of statin and BP meds.

Guess i'll just have to suffer with sipping my Corralejo neat. :coolup:

The one and only SIMPLE tequilla drink :biggrin:

Bob Durrell
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2015 at 11:26 AM

A couple of months ago, my wife and I had c-cktails at TGIF. Can't remember the exact drink, but it had hot sauce (tabasco) in a mixed drink. The hot chili edge made a huge and great difference. Really good. Heightens the profile and impact of the drink and satisfies, taste-wise, in a similar way the alcohol bitterness and alcohol heat does without the additional alcohol.
POPEYE-SCOTT

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 06:25 PM

If your a little short on sleep...try a "tequila sundown", substitute cherry NyQuil for grenadine and boom boom out goes the lights. :biggrin:
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 06:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by POPEYE-SCOTT  
If your a little short on sleep...try a "tequila sundown", substitute cherry NyQuil for grenadine and boom boom out goes the lights. :biggrin:

A La Ch*ngada! Why didn't I think of that???? Would Robitussin work?

I like your style! :cool:

86 - 45*

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 11:39 PM

Often those cold remedies already have a good snort of ethanol as well as the antihistamines......pay attention, sleep apnea that lasts too long is called....

[Edited on 2-10-2015 by Sweetwater]

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2015 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sweetwater  
Often those cold remedies already have a good snort of ethanol as well as the antihistamines......pay attention, sleep apnea that lasts too long is called....

[Edited on 2-10-2015 by Sweetwater]

Tried one last night wearing my CPAP machine, found the whole thing hard to swallow... :lol:

86 - 45*

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.