BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: info. Loreto to La Paz by sea
cardo7

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 08:30 AM
info. Loreto to La Paz by sea

I?ll be kayaking from Loreto to La Paz and out to some of the islands like San Jose Santa Cruz in November for 4 weeks. I have the water thing pretty worked out thanks to David K, Fred Jones and reef rocket I have also done many trips in the Isla San Jose area. The hot spring thing is also worked out . But I am still lacking information on some points of interest like petrogliyphs, pictographs, unique hikes, historical places and any other interesting information.
Here is some of the information I have . Water of course Puerto Escondido, bahia Agua Verde, then 12 -14 miles Santa Marta, 15 miles Ensenada Tambabichi, 18 miles to Los Burros, then its 6-8 miles to San Everisto (its water is just a little saline you don?t notice it for a couple of days). There is a couple of dwellings between Burro springs and San Evaristo but they have to boat their water in because their wells are to saline, the same for the ranch on the north east side of San Jose. You can also try the yachts and there is a little island between Isla San Jose and Isla San Francisco called Coyote they have a solar desalination system ( but its such a beautiful place I hate bothering them. If the people have to boat there water at least try to give them some money , buy some fish or a goat and have a feed. The gas for these people is expensive. There is a couple of well on San Jose I know the mine is saline and bitter 24 54 435 w 110 36 150 n there is also one on the east side by Punta Colorado 24 59 898w 119 34 201n they are great for a bath if nothing else. There is also hot spring a couple of coves north.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 08:49 AM
sea route to La Paz

See response posted on Fred's board. There are some great places to visit! Jack Swords
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 12:50 PM

I did this trip back in 95 on a 24 foot bayliner. about 140 miles. it is awesome! I hope someday to do it again with my kids. somewhere around the dolores ruins we anchored and walked up to what seemed to be an abandoned fish camp. youll find it by watching for a large area full of palm trees all by itself, as you approach you can see the buildings. be sure to check it out. some of the rooms were full of thousands of giant moths, check the doors carefully. we spent 1 night in a large bay on isla partida, youll find plenty of large sandy beaches for camping. the whole way we had great fishing , saw plenty of dolphins and pilot whales, and slept under some beautiful night skies. your going to love it!
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-31-2003 at 01:42 PM
Ilsa San Francisco

You have to stay one night on this island, about 50 mile north of La Paz. This was taken at the "south hook" of the island this past July:bounce:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.