Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: CHARMING HOUSE IN MULEGE
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 5-5-2015 at 09:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
nothing wrong with pointing out some potential pitfalls of certain objects in infamous areas - don't need to be a potential buyer to help some poor souls. Unless you think information is bad for potential buyers.
The agents don't need any help - they are as bad as Saul.

Like La Paz agents showing La Ventana properties only when it is not windy. And La Ventana properties when it is too effing hot in La Paz. Did somebody say horse traders?

You have a point 4x4, but in this case there is something wrong with how it's done. Nothing productive is done without pointing out a positive reinforcement. Howie is a troll, and does nothing but harm with his 'helping hands'.

The old saying comes true: "Do me a favor, and don't do me any favors". ;)

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 04:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
nothing wrong with pointing out some potential pitfalls of certain objects in infamous areas - don't need to be a potential buyer to help some poor souls. Unless you think information is bad for potential buyers.

Like La Paz agents showing La Ventana properties only when it is not windy. And La Ventana properties when it is too effing hot in La Paz. Did somebody say horse traders?

You have a point 4x4, but in this case there is something wrong with how it's done. Nothing productive is done without pointing out a positive reinforcement. Howie is a troll, and does nothing but harm with his 'helping hands'.

The old saying comes true: "Do me a favor, and don't do me any favors". ;)

So. I'm a troll who has almost 8500 posts here since 2008. You and your buddy are crazy.

I have made untold amount of posts about good hotels, good restaurants and road conditions over the years.

Please leave me alone.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 05:01 PM

No, we will not, as you as long as you persist in being a negative jerk...You are NOT the expert in other peoples business.....

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-6-2015 at 06:17 PM

This forum is funny. If you post something that is an opposing view (and heaven help if you question something involving real estate or tourism) your jumped on immediately as a troll and negative. I would have thought there is nothing wrong with pointing out a propensity to flood every couple of years. Oh well Koombaya.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2015 at 11:40 AM

Mulege residents, and those living along the river enjoyed about forty years of peaceful existence with the elements until the recent barrage of hurricane related storms. It is entirely possible an equal or longer weather friendly period like that could happen again. If this were the case, the houses for sale at today's prices would be a steal. As in any investment, nothing is a sure thing. You put up the cash and take your chances.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-7-2015 at 03:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
No, we will not, as you as long as you persist in being a negative jerk...You are NOT the expert in other peoples business.....

There may just be a divided opinon on who is the negative jerk.
4Cata
Nomad

Mood: Siempre alegre!

[*] posted on 5-7-2015 at 10:53 PM

It IS a lovely house, one I fell in love with a couple of floods ago when it was not as attractive. House has good bones and this time a great decorator. I think extending the loft was brilliant. Hopefully there are helpfull and strong neighbors to help get things off the floor. I may request a showing if I decide against an rv. Love to wander BC, not sure I want roots again. Transplanting is frequently painful and expensive.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2015 at 04:40 PM

We were once very interested in a home in there owned by nomad Toneart, and went to check it out. Then, the second big flood happened, and we passed.

I sincerely hope that they can get a real flood control system in place, because Mulege is such a wonderful place.
VERNON

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 07:50 AM
Property Insurance etc

I love the comments pro and con but it appears that some people miss the point regarding risk.

To protect yourself and your property you get insurance!

I would never drive in Mexico or anywhere else without auto insurance......the same applies to my casita.

Yes it is true that since I built the casita 10 years ago the weather has been very unusual..............that is why I purchased my 1st policy 10 years ago and continue to renew it annually.

I just renewed my Property Insurance Policy thru June 24, 2016 for a huge $320.17 USD. It covers floods, earthquake etc etc etc.

As we all know there are never a guarantees in life......so you have to protect yourself.

I welcome any questions.

Jack
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 09:04 AM

I just finished a recent visit to Mulege to learn about the situation after a hurricane - which was not really hazardous this time (Blanca). Like all others before.
Mulege itself has always lots of work w/ cleaning up all the sand which comes down the hills onto the streets. That 80% of Mulege is located inside the flood zone is definitely wrong. Some parts of Mulege are flooded when the waters are going very high - but that is not always the case. Sometimes your house is ONLY flooded 3 feet or so! LOL And that accurse mostly along the river. And easy cleaning up ??? Cleaning up a flooded home is a nightmare every time. The mud remains after the waters are gone. And , boy , it stinks like hell.
To the best of my knowledge there are only two homes for sale at this time which are not located inside the danger zone.
The one is located in Loma Azul. The other one is located at Buena Vista - one of the most desirable Mulege subdivisions.
cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 09:58 AM

We are the one in Loma Azul, and while we are sad at offering it for sale, things are as they are, and we would hope that another family would enjoy it as much as we have. It has been wonderful to watch our kids and our grandkids have great times here, and how it has broadened their view of the world.

http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/reb/4959818673.html
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 10:07 AM

Cessna! Your place is a dream.....I was sorta your neigh bor for a while and we shared a table at Lillys Valentine party a couple of years ago...Your place has it all!!!! Wish I were younger....

cessna821
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 10:14 AM

Thanks Chuckie, send me a U2U and we could have a quick chat and catch up!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 10:43 AM

and of it goes again: One is posting the truth - about flooding in the river valley in Mulege - the other doesnīt like that and calls it unproductive. Thatīs why I like Baja Nomad so much!
But ones for sure: The river valley is dangerous. Nobody can deny that.
Itīs amazing how folks try to sell their homes in the valley. When we looked at properties some time ago, we received a mail saying it is sooo easy to handle flooding. Just move all your belongings to high ground. Let the flood pass. And then pressure wash the house and move back in. I can not even laugh about such a joke. Or call it BS.
We looked at the property at Buena Vista closely and figured, it is the most desirable compound all around Mulege.
See the ad in craigslist.
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/5027521988/v4c9z

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by JC43]

[Edited on 7-5-2015 by JC43]
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 10:57 AM

I lived in Mulege for 30+ years...Where is Buena Vista? And it's a compound?

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2015 at 04:12 PM

Hey Cessna! I'll do that...I seem to remember we were All at Heathrow London on 9/11?

clifftaylor1942

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 08:53 AM

I have 13 houses in the flood zone and so I feel like an authority on preparation and cleanup. To empty all my houses and move everything to high ground and then replace it costs about $100 a house. After a serious flood to shovel the mud out and pressure wash and paint costs about $1,000 a house. If you only had one house and not as much practice as I it might cost 50% more. I don't bother with insurance. It is very inconvenient and it just comes down to a trade off of price and location.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-2-2015 at 09:34 AM

It's pretty hard for a seller to hoodwink anyone if they actually drive in and look around along the estuary... Of course I have seen some send deposits or purchase because of the price before they come down.. Which is a problem in its own..
One thing I always say, it you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen... kind of fits this situation also... The largest majority of the homes are concrete or block/stucco construction.. not stick frame and drywall so cleanup is somewhat easier... A pain, yes but if you spend a few nights in these communities you can feel what draws folks to live there... Insurance does not solve the problem but makes the hit less of a pain...
We have adjusted to the threat just as we do in the forest of Colorado.. We prepare for the possibility... If or when it happens we know we have done our best... With a wild fire, usually no warning and you loose everything except the ground.. and your view changes.
I have never tried to hide the flood facts from anyone that comes by looking at homes and some actually still like the folks that have stuck it out and become an integral part of the community and the village..
It would be nice to have another 50 years sans flood but thats not gonna happen just like a flood control system in the valleys funded by the Mexican Gov't... In my lifetime anyway...
Another thought, how many live in Tornado Alley??? no notice there from experience.. You know its possible if you move there...
Sorry for the long dissertation... Somtimes it gets comical here and I want to be part of it... haha
PS: you can't find a nicer place for the price in BAJA... IMHO

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 10:17 AM
Charming house

We looked at the first model home there and at the ones called the Robinson Crusoe houses across the highway. Richard Had a Vision for that area too bad Mother Nature didn't share the same Vision
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 7-3-2015 at 11:07 AM

Pretty much agree with this. Dirt pimps make a living lying or hiding the truth from the public. I have yet to meet a truly honest one, they all lie on some level. I have no problem with people that want to lay bare the facts There are, however, a number of folk on this forum that snipe at any real estate deal. My nickname for them is "to do" because they apparently don't have anything "to do" but sit at their computer all day and vent their bad air. BTW, their air pollution is not limited to comments on real estate deals.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.