Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: off-topic forum
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 05:13 PM

Like S & H, I too would like to see Off Topic attract more writers and viewers. The reality is, that is not going to happen.

It is set up to include anything NOT Baja related. I understand that that was Doug's intent, as there are a quite a few posters on the main Baja Forum who do possess good, cognitive thinking skills. They also express themselves well with their writing. I do however, support Doug in keeping the two forums separate.

There are just a scant few who will venture to Off Topic. But, it is futile to get much in the way of civil, meaningful debate going there. OT is notorious for Hate, Bigotry, and Name Calling. Some of the few do get a brief, interesting topic going but the string is quickly degraded by the same nasty, obsessive trolls who live to try to lure you into a pi$$ing match.

I used to get drawn in by something I would find offensive. My contributions would be in the form of essays in which I poured my heart and soul. I have always stated that I welcome civil debate, but for the most part, that is not what you get there.

At present, I still go there, but NOT to try to convince anyone or convert. I am not an Evangelist, but am prone to pontificating. What I am doing there now is, as a writer, I gather Ultra Right Wing, predictable blather, psychology and dialog. Because I really don't know anybody like that in real life, I can't get that ideological mindset and dialog any other way.

I don't get hurt or insulted any more because I see it for what it really is. Really! If you don't allow yourself to get upset, it is pretty comical. They are really stereotypical caricatures. What I get out of it is to use them to bounce off of. I get inspired, and the product pleases me. I am archiving these essays and they will eventually be unified into a cohesive form for publication (after much editing ;) )

So, if anybody here on the main Baja forum wishes to lurk there, you may get glimpses of some respectful and thoughtful ideas and debate.
I probably would not advise jumping in though unless you are prepared to stomach what will be coming at you. :no:
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-17-2015 at 06:18 PM

Pretty much sums it up for me ... :):)
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 01:17 AM

Off topic seems to be filled with angry bitter bulls@@it. Leave it the way it is.

[Edited on 3-19-2015 by Kgryfon]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 05:12 AM

I sense that bajanomads would lose some of it's membership if this idea was acted upon.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 07:03 AM

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 07:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Kgryfon  
Off topic seems to be filled with angry bitter bulls@@it. Leave it separate. They should all go to Fulanos forums and spew their vitriol there. Ugly, hateful places. Stab each other in the dark somewhere else. I prefer to live in the light. I realize this post will probably make me a target of the off topic posters and Fulanos site. F all of them. Bunch of bitter angry ass holes with no lives so they have nothing left but to try and sh@t on everyone else's dreams. Guess what fellas? Maybe life sucked for you because YOU sucked!

I did not know you had a sense of humor. Hahahahaha jeeeeeeeeeezus very funny!

bajacalifornication
Junior Nomad

Mood: Maņana

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 10:59 AM

How do I create an account for the off topic forum

Todo por servir se acaba. Y acaba por no servir.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 04:48 PM

Just sign in ... password, over18 ...

Some, don't bite .... and try and keep to the topic as best as one can ... given the "chatter" on the personal level which tends to move things away from the point being discussed

Seems most all topics become "political" ... which only leads to the usual ... attacks derived from current political positions on any topic ... discussed

Which is the way of most discussion and/or problem solving on just about anything ... currently and/or historically

[Edited on 3-19-2015 by wessongroup]
bajacalifornication
Junior Nomad

Mood: Maņana

[*] posted on 3-18-2015 at 05:05 PM

Thank you. Wessongroup
Cover me I'm going in.

Todo por servir se acaba. Y acaba por no servir.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.