BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: People being turned back at San Felipe without proper immigration docs
cj5orion
Nomad

Mood: time for a cervaza !!!

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 09:06 AM

came down a week ago Thursday.
I have ALL the paperwork,visa,boat permit,fish license,etc.

No immgration checkpoints.

Home Remodels/Builds..Recession!
Gone BAJA BUILDIN/FISHIN !
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 09:16 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tomas Tierra  
Went through there on the first and was asked if I had visas. I did but they did not want me to produce them, took my word for it.

They did not appear to be there yesterday on the way north.

TT

Where, the Hwy. 3 junction 31 miles north of San Felipe? Who asked, a soldier or an INM official? Thank you.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 09:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Went through there on the first and was asked if I had visas. I did but they did not want me to produce them, took my word for it.

TT

Where, the Hwy. 3 junction 31 miles north of San Felipe? Who asked, a soldier or an INM official? Thank you.

D.K. Are you implying that it would make a difference.
You are the self proclaimed expert of Baja Mexico don't you know it's the duty of every citizen to report someone who is in the Country Illegally.
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by J.P.  

TT

Where, the Hwy. 3 junction 31 miles north of San Felipe? Who asked, a soldier or an INM official? Thank you.[/rquote

You are the self proclaimed expert of Baja Mexico don't you know it's the duty of every citizen to report someone who is in the Country Illegally.

I travel this peninsula all the time and there is a difference between a military asking for the INM paper work and an immigration official. If it is an immigration official they are checking your status as a visitor to their country. If it is a military person they are using the information to fill out their paper work of data collection. They have asked me for mine and I just give them my drivers license and they copy: name, state of residency, and ask the year the car was manufactured. It is my belief that the military is there to do a different job. Immigration officers are in charge of immigration, not the military. As immigration do not search your car for drugs and guns, although it is everyone"s responsibility to report illegal actions. Separate entities doing separate jobs.

[Edited on 4-15-2015 by Sandlefoot]

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 11:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Sandlefoot  
Quote: Originally posted by J.P.  

TT

Where, the Hwy. 3 junction 31 miles north of San Felipe? Who asked, a soldier or an INM official? Thank you.[/rquote

I travel this peninsula all the time and there is a difference between a military asking for the INM paper work and an immigration official. If it is an immigration official they are checking your status as a visitor to their country. If it is a military person they are using the information to fill out their paper work of data collection. They have asked me for mine and I just give them my drivers license and they copy: name, state of residency, and ask the year the car was manufactured. It is my belief that the military is there to do a different job. Immigration officers are in charge of immigration, not the military. As immigration do not search your car for drugs and guns, although it is everyone"s responsibility to report illegal actions. Separate entities doing separate jobs.

The point I am trying to make , Why not do the right thing and just get the proper documents. It might keep your but out of jail. If you cant afford them you probably should stay home .
Tomas Tierra
Super Nomad

Mood: Tengo Flojera

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 12:01 PM

DK.

Yes at the military checkpoint jct. 5 and 3. Immigration officials asked.

Just info being asked for and passed on that's all JP.

TT
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-15-2015 at 03:52 PM

DK.

Yes at the military checkpoint jct. 5 and 3. Immigration officials asked.

Just info being asked for and passed on that's all JP.

TT

Thank you Tomás! Just was curious if anything had changed in what the military has been assigned to do, and it seems not one bit!
J.P., it was a simple question and Tomás answered it, thank you.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.