Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help! I Goofed Up.
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 06:53 PM
Help! I Goofed Up.

I was curious about what they talked about in OT. Got the password and went to OFF-TOPIC.

I spent almost an hour there looking at MANY posts and decided that OT should stand for Obnoxious Trolls.

Now OT is listed on my Today's Posts.

How can I get rid of it.

Can't wait to see if there are any responses from any of those "Trolls". :yes:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 06:56 PM

log off,log back in.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
log off,log back in.

Then throw a towel over your screen so they can't see you!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:06 PM

Thank you, Both of you. It Worked.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:11 PM

Take a long, hot shower.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 07:54 PM

went there once
reminded me of when my septic tank backed up and we had to make special procedures to get it drained.
never been back

life is too short
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 09:44 PM

Pyronate A-200 for any crawlies that escaped that still wiggle. Use, rinse, repeat in 3 days.

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2015 at 10:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
went there once
reminded me of when my septic tank backed up and we had to make special procedures to get it drained.
never been back

life is too short

Yep, once for me also.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-31-2015 at 02:56 AM
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 06:45 AM

a stiff wire brush will help you feel better about yourself as well!

BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 06:47 AM

one and done for me too...
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 06:48 AM

And maybe a colonic cleansing....see if you can get a prescription for "go lightly" from your gastroenterologist....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 11:48 AM

Occasionally there are some people who wish to discuss topics that are not Baja related and do not fit into the main forum. Most are intelligent, informed and have good writing skills. The problem is, their topics get hijacked by the usual juvenile trolls who salivate for fresh blood on which to smear their feces. The topics devolve into personal grudge pi$$ing matches. I am no longer interested in participating for their eyes only.

The offenders are not exclusive to one particular ideology or political party, either. These people are obsessive and some are dangerous. Caveat Emptor!

You folks who want to take a look get the fecal matter splattered into your eyes and get insulted while you are trying to learn something. Then you go away and I don't blame you.

Consequently, Off Topic is not a forum that gets widely read. Those who have something to say get railroaded out and their ideas go for naught. It is a frustrating experience and a futile vehicle in which to express your ideas and feelings.

Of the participants with whom I have exchanged meaningful conversations before the threads were ruined, I would like to get to know you outside of OT. You can U2U me and I will give you my email address. Leave the bottom dwellers in the dank cellar to themselves.

Like someone said, (I am paraphrasing) "throw a towel over your screen and they will all go away." :lol: I am throwing cold water on their whole scene. :light:

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 01:31 PM

As is in most cases, there are lots of complaints but no one coming up with solutions (gee, like politiks????) so I have an idea to put forth to Doug and BN:

Leave the OT as is, and encourage the types of threads like Lencho and Toneart suggest. Meanwhile, start a new room called (aptly) THE SEWER, that takes a password, such as ''over 18" to enter, and any thread, including on the normal Forums boards that turns vitriolic gets 'FLUSHED' to its' relegated place.

Also, the Nomads themselves can do a service by utilizing the 'report' button at the top-right of every post, alerting Doug to a problem so he doesn't have to baby-sit the juvies in here.

It should start with 'FLUSHING' all the b.s. going on in OT right now down into THE SEWER, and placing threads like the Scientology one into OT where it belongs; also the OT would be a good place for the usual political back-and-forth téte a tétes that have become more than just tedious (for those really deep thinkers out there).

Get Baja Nomads back to Baja. :coolup:

86 - 45*

Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajabuddha  
As is in most cases, there are lots of complaints but no one coming up with solutions (gee, like politiks????) so I have an idea to put forth to Doug and BN:

Leave the OT as is, and encourage the types of threads like Lencho and Toneart suggest. Meanwhile, start a new room called (aptly) THE SEWER, that takes a password, such as ''over 18" to enter, and any thread, including on the normal Forums boards that turns vitriolic gets 'FLUSHED' to its' relegated place.

Also, the Nomads themselves can do a service by utilizing the 'report' button at the top-right of every post, alerting Doug to a problem so he doesn't have to baby-sit the juvies in here.

It should start with 'FLUSHING' all the b.s. going on in OT right now down into THE SEWER, and placing threads like the Scientology one into OT where it belongs; also the OT would be a good place for the usual political back-and-forth téte a tétes that have become more than just tedious (for those really deep thinkers out there).

Get Baja Nomads back to Baja. :coolup:

I like this idea. :)
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 03:46 PM

A couple of weeks ago I suggested that the OFF TOPIC forum operate like all the other forums and the idea was emphatically put down by a few.

No insults, no name calling, nothing personal, and no crude, lewd, or lascivious graphics.

I have occasionally seen off-topic threads about current events get rolling with folks posting interesting thoughts and facts. I think it's great stuff when that happens. It really can broaden your perspective when intelligent people get interested, offer their thoughts, and defend their positions in a civil manner.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 03:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
A couple of weeks ago I suggested that the OFF TOPIC forum operate like all the other forums and the idea was emphatically put down by a few.

No insults, no name calling, nothing personal, and no crude, lewd, or lascivious graphics.

I have occasionally seen off-topic threads about current events get rolling with folks posting interesting thoughts and facts. I think it's great stuff when that happens. It really can broaden your perspective when intelligent people get interested, offer their thoughts, and defend their positions in a civil manner.

And, I am agreeing with you, and offering a solution (pun intended) to the toilet-talk; a new forum with member-participation to FLUSH out the trolls, and keep them where they belong, que no? If you do like my idea, maybe take a moment and u2u bajanomad and tell him so.
:light:

86 - 45*

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 04:00 PM

Who does the flushing? The way this software works it takes active participation of a moderator. I was reading a site earlier today that collapsed messages that got too many "thumbs down" but allowed you to open them if you wanted to. I thought that was a fair way of handling the problem. But, apparently, it's outside the capabilities of this message board, which BTW I think works good, except for this problem.
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 05:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBill74  
I was curious about what they talked about in OT. Got the password and went to OFF-TOPIC.

I spent almost an hour there looking at MANY posts and decided that OT should stand for Obnoxious Trolls.

Now OT is listed on my Today's Posts.

How can I get rid of it.

Can't wait to see if there are any responses from any of those "Trolls". :yes:

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 3-31-2015 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Who does the flushing? The way this software works it takes active participation of a moderator. I was reading a site earlier today that collapsed messages that got too many "thumbs down" but allowed you to open them if you wanted to. I thought that was a fair way of handling the problem. But, apparently, it's outside the capabilities of this message board, which BTW I think works good, except for this problem.

No offense sincerely, but do you read posts thoroughly, or just knee-jerk to everything without absorption?

You had a great point with your original post. I AGREE. You had no solution other than 'why can't we just'...... and it wasn't just a 'few people' who disagreed; most Nomads gave a resounding "NO!" because it has become the Troll Room. Only a scant few said they would even venture there, let alone put their cojones out on the chopping block for the resident axe-wielders.

So, AGAIN, let me suggest a 'SEWER' forum, and the OT become a place as you suggest, with a place to pontificate safely without rancor, but shared differing oppinions. GREAT. And you ask, "Who does the flushing?" YOU do. WE do. Doug isn't a kindergarten teacher, he has a life. He does however pay attention to the 'report' button IF PEOPLE WILL USE IT, and the u2u to him. Get the picture yet? 'Moderators' are for chat sites. Do you have the answer and method for updating this site to match the 'other site' you quote? And, the resources to do it?

Now, if you have a better SOLUTION, then place it at the end of your complaint. :smug:

86 - 45*

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.