Junior Nomad

Mood: Margarita Time

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 07:20 AM

bump
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 08:00 AM

what's happening in that dark part of the world - everybody is selling everything. Rats are leaving a sinking ship?

Harald Pietschmann
daledives

[*] posted on 4-23-2015 at 03:28 PM
no rats

just getting old, concentrating on gonzaga,, closer
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2015 at 07:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
what's happening in that dark part of the world - everybody is selling everything. Rats are leaving a sinking ship?

Nope, moving to La Paz, hanging out, looking super cool and hoping to share that with the rest of the world.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 4-25-2015 at 10:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by fishsticker  
Very interesting post Vag, WE (the locals and other Gringos in the Village) also had a name for your place, it was called a piece of chit and it lived up to it's name when the hurricane came as it floated down the river like a turd and Olivias stood strong and is still here.

That sounds like a real assholian response. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong? :dudette:

Nope, you read it right my friend. It is difficult to be civil under the circumstances, but I will share that I lost one wall of my storage shed which washed downstream. The rest of the building stood strong, but was filled with sand and gravel, and I lost 650 feet of fence. I didn't rebuild for two reasons. First, the month after TS Julio I was diagnosed with Kidney Cancer, and didn't have the money after that. (And the lease was going up another $300.) Second, both before and after the storm, in my absence, my place was pretty seriously ripped off by the locals. The only one's that I KNOW stole from me were gringos. When I got there to clean up, my Mexican neighbors came to ask if they could BUY some of the stuff that was left. Fishsticker's lie of omission is that his place was brutalized by the storm. He showed me around four months after the flood, and the effects of the high water were STILL obvious. Ken has two serious issues in his life right now which it isn't my business to share. I'm going to be generous and believe that his insults were the result of his having a bad day. The picture is Fishsticker's place four months after the flood. Both the places for sale are down stream from here.

[file]31829[/file]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.