Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: need good breakfast burritos
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2015 at 03:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by windgrrl  
Fry up some diced onion, add some diced sausage, add some cooked, scrambled eggs, then some diced cooked potatoes. Wrap up in a tortilla and top with choice of salsa, herbs, chiles, salt & pepper,etc.

...and I am a fan of the clean-out the fridge burrito, too!

OK, now I'm hungry!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
captain4tuna
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2015 at 05:48 PM

This will get your mojo back.....I dice potatoes and saute..season with salt and pepper as you go......I then add chorizo, green peppers, poblano, mexican zucchini, and mushrooms...cook till crispy not mushy...in a separate pan I cook beaten eggs with a splash of water added and diced green onions...while that's cooking, I put my real tortillas not the american cardboard version on a comal...put my round egg mixture on my tortilla, add the hash and rock and roll.....homemade salsa and then omg......
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 09:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by carlosg  
Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
smashed frijolies, soy chorizo, and bandera (diced tomatoes, onions, and chilies), flour tortilla.

...not for the faint of heart variation:

...frijoles refritos con manteca de puerco (smashed and refried -with lard- beans), chorizo de puerco (real pork chorizo) cooked -use a dab of lard- with lots of onion then mix in an egg, add salsa (hand grated tomato, chili and salt only), use a real flour tortilla (the hand made ones you get in Baja, made with lard) and enjoy with a real cold glass of cow juice... or try...

......FRESH hand made flour tortilla, cooked on wood stove, dab of lard and then sprinkled with sugar, roll and... mmmm... mm... m....! we would savour this treat on our way back from school as we stopped at a friend's house when his mom was hand making the tortillas for lunch... (Tecate 1965...)

Not long ago BajaNomad posted a video (http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=78652&got...) of a family preparing and then enjoying breakfast in a ranch somewhere in the sierra in Baja California Sur... that's what it's all about... family, freshness and birds singing in the background... ahhh... BAJA...!!!!

[Edited on 7-3-2015 by carlosg]
A bird in a breakfast burrito is worth two in the bush

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 11-18-2015 at 09:16 AM
How did the Aztecas make them?

I understand that before there were burritos the equivalent was empanadas, so why not fill your BB the same way?

Empanadas are made by folding dough or bread with stuffing consisting of a variety of meat, cheese, huitlacoche, vegetables, fruits, and others.

Mexican empanadas can be a dessert or breakfast item, and tend to contain a variety of sweetened fillings which change drastically from region to region; these include pumpkin, yams, sweet potato, and cream, as well as a wide variety of fruit fillings. Meat, cheese, and vegetable fillings are less common in some states, but still well-known and eaten fairly regularly. Depending on local preferences and particular recipes, the dough can be based on wheat or corn, sometimes with yuca flour. Also, syrup or fruit drizzle is often poured onto the Empanada for a distinct sweetened flavor.

Bob Durrell
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.