BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A Fabuloso Fabian smile
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 05:10 PM
A Fabuloso Fabian smile

Well, there is always so much to write about and trying to decide what is of value and what aint. I donno, I guess one should just write what is touching their heart in the moment and if others want to tune in, that's fine, and if not, well it is a big ol world out there, room for plenty of different visions and opinons.

So, I was crusing through all those too many pictures I have in my yahoo albums, and I got to an album called Roo and Fabian; I opened it up to realize that I had taken those shots sooooooooooo long ago, when Fabian and I were hanging out in the gallery.

Spending hours on end rocking back and forth togeather in a big ol typical Baja rockin chair; you may know the kind made of a heavy duty can hardly pick it up to move it palo chino frame, the kind with the wovan seat and back, the ones they make in Mida Flores and there about, you can always spot them on the ranches and at old resorts like Palmas de Cortez.

Anyway, there is this one shot of the little dude smiling his big toothless shinning eyes full of the purest form of Love at ME, I know because I'm the one with the cammera pointing at him.

And looking at those pictures I suddenly realize that Fabian is twice as old as he was when I left, now there is a perspective on time for ya. My, My, I expect he is more running than walking by now, that little sweetie that wormed his way into my heart for at least the rest of this life time.

You know, I will always be his Nana Sara, the one that taught him how to pull himself up by holding on to my thumbs as he sat on my lap. Yep, I'm his Nana that showed him his first copies of the works of Diego Rivera and Frida Kalo, and explained to him what a heavy duty dude Orsco was before the little fabuloso guy could even sit up.

Yep, that very same Nana that rocked him to sleep listening to Mosart and Betoven and Janis Jopin and Reegee, classical guitar by Segovia and a little Jim Morrison thrown in there too.

You see, when our Fabian was 6 weeks old and it was time for his Mom to return to work, he refused the bottle, it was his Mother's way or no way for him. So, we put a porta crib in the main office and Carmen, (our legal assistant), Lupita (our cleaning lady), Tehroma, (de main boss), and me, we all took turns with the little guy, it worked out great, I think all construction compainies should have tiny babies around, softens um up. Anyway, it sure does bring back sweet memories of how Fabian softened the blow of loosing Dad that year, all the love and hope that come bundled in the diapers of a new soul, you know.

Ah well, I'd say it is just about time to go home and give that little guy a big hug, yep, homeward bound is just around the corner and March 1st will be here before you know it.

It has been a wonderful adventure, I am already making plans to return, but home, well home I expect, will always be Los Barrlies, B.C.

Saludos, Sara
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 05:22 PM
Another cycle, Sara,

to observe, interpret, capture, and recreate an image for others to appreciate. Thanks for your picture.

Glad to hear your coming home.
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2005 at 07:19 PM
Great story Sara.....thanks

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.