BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Please Help_looking for renters cabo pulmo
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 08:18 AM
Please Help_looking for renters cabo pulmo

We are desperately trying to find renters at a particular spot in Cabo pulmo. this pic illustrates exactly where we are trying to be. Im using a guys place named William as a reference/land mark in case someone knows him or he is on Baja nomad. We are trying to find rentals closer to where the beach ends at the mountain if possible. thanks

[Edited on 8-21-2015 by wlkconsulting]
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 08:44 AM

There was a place at this area when I was there last June/July. I stopped by to check it out, but did not stay there.

There is a main house, with large, open air room, kitchen, shared by guests. Private rooms upstairs. Also a trailer for rent on the property.

I think this is the place: "Eco Palapas..." www.cabopulmoecopalapa.com

[Edited on 8-20-2015 by Whale-ista]

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 09:10 AM

Are you there yet? Area isn't very big - go and ask around once there.
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 10:46 AM

No my friend. Unfortunately im in Texas right now. Were trying to plan ahead and get things squared away before we fly out. thanks
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 11:32 AM

You could also try these folks- cabopulmocasas@gmail.com

This is a young couple who live full time in Pulmo, and manage/rent houses nearby when owners are away. Try sending an email to Marly and Dustin Ianson. (Tell them Yvette's mom referred you)

They are located in town, next to Dive Center.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 11:36 AM

I agree with Whale-ista. Find out if its actually in Las Barracas. I noticed on the ecopalapa webite, It has a "sunset casita" but it says in Las Barracas Bay. The address though says Cabo Pulmo. Addresses are always a loose thing out there. Las Barracas is only a few miles at best north of Cabo Pulmo. You pass it on the drive from La Ribera to Cabo Pulmo. Hope this helps.
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-20-2015 at 12:04 PM

thanks..ill do that..and absolutely its in the small town right before you get to cabo pulmo..based on the google earth screen shot, does this look familiar? thanks
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
8-20-2015 at 01:06 PM
Floatflyer
Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 07:59 AM

To start with your picture is not Cabo Pulmo. It is the northern part of Las Barracas and William's Place is named Cabo Pulmo Eco Palapa, even though it is at least 3 miles from Cabo Pulmo. It is owned by Bill White.

Now as far as the places you want to rent, they are owned by a realtor from San Jose/Cabo by the name of John Dominic. As far as them being rentals, I have not heard of this and the northern most of the two has not been occupied in years.

Hope this helps and good luck. FF
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 09:28 AM

Floatflyer and others...thank you so much..your feedback has been very helpful.

One last question...I understand parts of that beach is a turtle hatching sanctuary...Is any part of it, especially the part closest to where the beach ends (the part I referred too) are ATV's allowed? If so, could anyone recommend an atv rental place close that would drop off the vehicles at Bills place? If ATV'S are not allowed on that part, we will certainly abide by those rules.

My family and I have such a tremendous amount of respect for this paradise you good people live in. You are so blessed and lucky to have such a place. I appreciate you for sharing this land with us. thanks again
BajaUtah
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 10:24 AM

There are ATV rentals in Los Barriles. One is -

http://www.quadman.net

There are others. Google will tell you who they are. You'll have to contact them to see if they will deliver as far away as Las Barracas. ATVs, UTVs and all manner of vehicles are used all over the beaches in the area. I have a house at Lighthouse Point just north of Punta Arena and can say anything and everything gets driven up and down and stuck in our area.

Andy
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 10:41 AM

We have actually used him..not sure if he goes as far as Las Barracas..doesn't hurt to ask though..thanks again
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 10:43 AM

Please reconsider plans to drive ATVs anywhere near the beach. It's a nuisance that harms the environment and the peace of the beach area. It can also be dangerous for those without experience. Besides if you are on an ATV you will miss all the important details as you are moving too fast to see them. Taking a peaceful walk or just sitting at the water's edge is one of the great joys of baja, let's keep it that way.
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 12:00 PM

gnukid_we will and I understand. Would you mind if we still rented the atv's and used them to go to pulmo and trek the dessert? We totally understand this is the place you live and we are only visiting. thanks

[Edited on 8-21-2015 by wlkconsulting]
Floatflyer
Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 12:01 PM

Motorized vehicles are sometimes seen on the beach from about the El Rincon airport and north towards the lighthouse.

From the beach depicted in your photo, virtually all the beach to the south to Los Frailes is inside the Cabo Pulmo Marine Preserve and you are not allowed to ride motorized vehicles inside this area.

The white beach from your photo to the end of the beach in Las Barracas is a major turtle nesting area and is patrolled by Park inspectors.
wlkconsulting

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 12:05 PM

Absolutely...We totally respect this beautiful place and intend to follow the rules. I want to do my part in making sure this place is healthy for generations to come. My wife and I would love to retire here and become a part of this wonderful community. Thank you all.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-21-2015 at 07:26 PM
Old man Tito

As the old timer in this sweet spot, ATV'S have NO hugs in this area !! IMO !! Enjoy...
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2015 at 08:38 AM

What gnukid said. There are plenty of places to ride ATVs in Baja Ca. other than marine preserve beaches. Want to see the beach - there are horse rentals too. A quiet early morning walk is my favorite.
sledneck

[*] posted on 9-4-2015 at 09:46 AM

I have a house that we rent in Las Barracas, its across the road from the beach on the south end.

Scott

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.