Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Here are Two Web Sites
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2005 at 11:24 AM
Here are Two Web Sites

Based around the Bahia de Los Angeles that you might enjoy. It always amazes me how much sophistication can come from a rural desert place.

Here are two interesting Web Sites based around the Bahia de Los Angeles:

http://www.mias-desert-art.com/index.htm

www.baja-desert.info

[Edited on 1-15-2005 by Mike Humfreville]
Bajadtodebone
Junior Nomad

Mood: baja dreamin'

smile.gif posted on 1-16-2005 at 02:43 PM
BOLA Website

Thanks Mike, the site truely is amazing given the "rural' nature of BOLA! I really appreciate adding it to my favorite sites, it gives us one more source for keeping abreast of what is happening in the area where our heart lives. My Espanol is too basic to get the details of the article about a future National Park in the Bay. Do you or anyone have any info on the plan?
(Home Depot)
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2005 at 05:15 PM
Hi Stan!

Regarding National Parks there are two rumors that, I believe are based in fact.

#1, There's the Escalera Nautica. I have heard and read the part that involves Bahia de Los Angeles is causing some environmental folks to push for some form of greater protection in that area.

#2, There is the Valle de los Cirios, which is offering, or will offer, some form of environmental oversight for almost all of the central desert and from the Pacific to the Sea of Cortez.

That's everything I know and I have no idea how much effort is going into either. I know for several years we've all been hearing great whoops and shouts about the Escalers, but as far as I know the onl y direct effort was to the first few miles of the Santa Rosalillita road, which they partially paved. As for the Valle de los Cirios, the only change I've seen are a few signs scattered along Hwy 1. I'm sure someone will know more than I do. You could always email Doc who keeps up with all this.

Hope all is well. We hear you've moved to KY. With you that far away I felt it was safe to convert your hut to a bodega. I've been raking in healthy profits. Up to the heavy rains that is. I had never considered what a lot of surface water could do to a ceptic system. JUST KIDDING!

We're going to Bahia in Feb - March to continue our home hunt. Hope all is well with you and Chris and that we see you soon.
Bajadtodebone
Junior Nomad

Mood: baja dreamin'

[*] posted on 1-17-2005 at 10:24 AM
Futuro Parque Nacional Bah?a de loa Angele

Hey Mike, I had logged into mias-desert-art.com and connected to the BOLA.com home page where the issue of a Parque Nacional de Baja de los Angeles was discussed. It sounded like the plan was definately forming up. Can'nt say it is a bad thing, time will tell. If it keeps the seiners out of the bay then I am all for it. I think the Escalara Nautica was a really badly thought out idea who's time (I hope) will never come.:fire: Hey, when you get to camp how about the bug and boat are ready to go for us. Shouldn't take you more than a few days!:cool:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.