Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2016 SCORE Schedule
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 08:02 AM
2016 SCORE Schedule

Next year all of SCORE's races are in Baja..

2016 SCHEDULE
Launching the 2016 SCORE World Desert Championship series schedule will be the first of the three original SCORE Baja races:
Round 1 will be the 30th Bud Light SCORE San Felipe 250, Feb. 25-28 in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico.
Round 2 will be the 2nd Bud Light SCORE Baja Sur 500 on April 14-17. Marking the second time a SCORE Baja race has been held entirely in Baja California Sur, it will start and finish in 2016 in La Paz, near the southern tip of Baja on the east side of the peninsula along the Sea of Cortez.
Round 3 will be the 48th Bud Light SCORE Baja 500, June 1-5, in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.
Round 4 will be the Bud Light SCORE Desert Challenge, presented by Rosarito Beach, Sept. 14-18 in Rosarito Beach, Baja California Norte. It will be the first SCORE race in Rosarito with classes split into groups running multiple laps on a 15-16—mile course, split into two parts. Racing will be held under the lights on Friday, morning and evening on Saturday and morning on Sunday, with each class running its race split evenly over two days.
Round 5 will be the 49th Bud Light SCORE Baja 1000, Nov. 16-20. The most recognized name of all desert races, it will start and finish in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico.

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 08:34 AM

Wow, no more Imperial Valley 250? A Desert Challenge not even in the desert! BLM permits and insurance costs must have been a nightmare? Nice that Baja welcomes the sport that was born there!

Thanks Kris!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 09:44 AM

Interesting that the 1000 will start and finish in Ensenada in 2016 again. In other words, it's a loop race for a second year in a row.

I wonder if the plan is to not have any more Ensenada to La Paz/Cabo races now that we have the Baja Sur 500.

[Edited on 10-4-2015 by BigBearRider]
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 10:09 AM

I hear that Roger is planning a super race for 2017 for the 50th anniversary. Probably similar to the Baja 2000 race.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 11:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I hear that Roger is planning a super race for 2017 for the 50th anniversary. Probably similar to the Baja 2000 race.

X2..;)

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 12:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BigBearRider  
Interesting that the 1000 will start and finish in Ensenada in 2016 again. In other words, it's a loop race for a second year in a row.

I wonder if the plan is to not have any more Ensenada to La Paz/Cabo races now that we have the Baja Sur 500.

I thought that they did the peninsula run every 3 years....not every other? :?:

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 12:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

This is 2015 (isn't it?)

The 2014 (last year's 1000) was a peninsula run... and this year (next month) is a loop race.

2016 schedule has it as a loop race again. got to read the OPs post.

[Edited on 10-4-2015 by rts551]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 12:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pacifico  

I thought that they did the peninsula run every 3 years....not every other? :?:

This is usually the case... but Baja is an unusual case! :light::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by rts551  

This is 2015 (isn't it?)

The 2014 (last year's 1000) was a peninsula run... and this year (next month) is a loop race.

2016 schedule has it as a loop race again. got to read the OPs post.

[Edited on 10-4-2015 by rts551]

What was not accurate in what I posted that you copied??? Really Ralph, do you stay on Nomad waiting to jump on my every word? This year IS 2015. 2014 was a peninsula run. This year's 1000 is a loop. I deleted it because that didn't really add anything new to the conversation. However, I was wrong... you found a way!
:lol::lol::lol:

Darn, quit being so touchy. Just pointing out the subject was the 2016 schedule and someone else pointed out it was a loop for the second year in a row. No as you well know, I don't sit and wait for you to post. It takes all of 5 minutes a day to see what is on this forum. Takes more time than that responding to your idiocy. (which I agree with many in the coop, it is a waste of time.)

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 04:27 PM

Also heard that the Baja 500 Sur race will go north to the San Evaristo jct then southwest to the pacific. Down to Todos Santo then Cabo. Following the coast line or close to it back to La Paz. One big loop.

That would be a fun trail to pre-run.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Also heard that the Baja 500 Sur race will go north to the San Evaristo jct then southwest to the pacific. Down to Todos Santo then Cabo. Following the coast line or close to it back to La Paz. One big loop.

That would be a fun trail to pre-run.

I'm seeing on the SCORE site that the race starts and finishes in La Paz, no? I'm disappointed if Loreto is out of the mix.

LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 08:11 PM

There is no way the finishline set-up in La Paz (same location used for the BK1) can match the malacon finishline we had here in Loreto this year... that stage was spectacular along the water's edge that it screamed "Baja"...
That said.. the loop will most likely follow the Dos Mares course in and out of La Paz and step on a few toes..

Ben Franklin (1759)
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2015 at 10:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LaTijereta  

That said.. the loop will most likely follow the Dos Mares course in and out of La Paz ..

That's what I heard.
o3dave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2015 at 04:19 PM

If the 2016 B1K is another loop race. I will not buy a ticket to the event

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.