Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: FMM tecate
josesbox

Mood: Groovy

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 12:19 AM
FMM tecate

So last year I went to La Ventana through TJ and somehow ended up getting my FMM card way the hell over by the airport. (Was my first time.) It worked fine but I ended up paying a cab driver to follow him in my van to go find the place. My Portuguese didn't work as Spanish I guess. This time I would like to try and go through the Tecate entrance as I have heard it can be a bit easier to navigate and just out of doing it differently my second time. Has anybody done it this way before? Is it really easier to navigate? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 01:31 AM

...would have helped to ask the cab driver for a price first. ;)

...or offer him 50Ps,, and he would have pointed at the one in front of you :biggrin:

[Edited on 11-27-2015 by micah202]
redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 01:53 AM

Very easy and there are threads on here you can search on. You cross the border and if given the green light, the office is on the right but the first street to your right is a one way so you need to go down the hill, right turn, then another right, then another right and come back up to the border. Usually a guy will come out and move a few cones for you to park on the left. And even though the office is just to your left, you need to cross the street, turn left, thru the turnstiles, and then left back across the street to the office. Sounds like a mess but really quite easy.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 08:04 AM

Tijuana has FMM cards easy - there is no need to drive anywhere.

voce eh brasileiro o portugues?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 09:27 AM

In my opinion if you cross at Tecate it's less stress to just park on the USA side and walk across and it's just on the right. The only problem is now you must walk back across to the USA in the pedestrian line to get your vehicle.
Takes a little longer but much less stress if parking is a problem at the Immigration office.

[Edited on 11-27-2015 by Howard]

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2015 at 10:01 AM

I've seen this done recently with a friend who needed a FMM.

Don't know about parking on the US side or crossing the border into the US.

I do know that crossing into Tecate, turning right and going around the block, puts you in front of immigration and there is parking there. It's not difficult and isn't a problem. For a first timer, you will then think this was easy!

Same ease as TJ. Pull over and park. Get the paperwork.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.