Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Rideshare - 7 Sisters surf trip MLK weekend
DeepSlack

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 03:37 PM
Rideshare - 7 Sisters surf trip MLK weekend

Hey all,

There's a decent swell (4-6ft) and good weather (70 degrees in Guerrero Negro) predicted all week and through the upcoming MLK weekend for the 7 Sisters region.

I've been to one of the points once, and The Wall a couple times. I'd like to either return to the point I previously visited, or do some poking around the other nearby spots. I'd like to leave San Diego Thursday morning (1/14/16) and be back in SD Monday night (1/18/16). Short notice, I know. None of my surfing buddies are able to get away during this time period, and I don't want to go solo. I'd be driving a 2005 Pathfinder 4x4 in good condition, and can take 2 people besides myself. If you prefer to caravan with your own vehicle, I'm fine with that.

I have camping gear (stove, mess kit, coolers, portable table and chairs), water storage, etc.. You'd just need to bring your tent, sleeping bag and personal items (one duffle bag -- easy peasy), and surf gear.

If anyone is up for a 7 Sisters region surf trip on short notice, please message me!

Pura vida!

Richard

PS: I'm 45 years old, a surfer for many years, married for 20 years, father of 3 kids. I ride a short board mostly. I'm a tolerant guy with a live and let live philosophy, but if you're up for going, do not bring drugs of any kind in my vehicle. I don't care what you do stateside, but I will not travel Baja with your drugs. Also no smoking in the vehicle. I'm a moderate drinker, but don't care how much you booze (as long as you don't go all dark side on me :) ).

[Edited on 1-11-2016 by DeepSlack]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 04:12 PM

Welcome to Baja Nomad!
Anyway, I hope you have a fun trip, and will post photos when you return (but don't say where the photos were taken if you want to not get any hate posts here, LOL)!

[Edited on 1-12-2016 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DeepSlack

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 04:42 PM

Thanks for the welcome and for the heads up. I've modified my original post accordingly, in fact.

-RG
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 04:55 PM
Be afraid!

Nowhere in his offer for a ride share, does he say that you will be allowed to return after seeing his secret spot!

Just kidding, hope you find some great company! My last four trips have been with just a dog to talk to, and she never kicks in for gas or picks up a check.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 06:08 PM

Please don't troll David. Have a nice day!

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 06:21 PM

DK, our hero......:?:

edit: at this point in time the world has rediscovered Baja. The days of the cartel scares (and empty waves) are over and the crowds are fierce.

anyway, go find some solitude. if crowds are what you prefer ask around for the surf ghetto and someone will point you the spot!:lol:

[Edited on 11-3-2016 by woody with a view]

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-11-2016 at 08:48 PM

For years now I have been hearing about the magical and mystical beauty of the Seven Sisters....a mystery not to be divulged that is fiercely protected.

Can anyone post pics of these girls?

Are they of legal age....are any of them single?

Are they locals or just visiting?

Do they speak English ?

:?::?::?:

Woody seems to know them well....and WillyAirstream is probably keeping pics of them in his Private Reserve Album.....

Don't believe everything you think....
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 07:23 AM

spending a few nights alone along the coast is the best medicine. go have fun, the coyotes don't bite.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 09:17 AM

Welcome to the sandbox deepslack...hope you find someone to ride with...hey the dark side may be interesting! hahaha...gonna be a great surf week all right!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 10:07 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbYCEKPc5CQ

:bounce::biggrin:
hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 10:26 AM

Hi Deepslack, Do your absolute best to following recent past, and near future weather for the area. Washouts are notorious and even the most macho built truck or suv wont negotiate the banks created by a big rain, not to mention how impossible the mud can be as well. Be prepared to turn around and settle for less(IE, Rosario bay south of rock walls or Sta Rosallilita. I usually go in Feb but am passing up the area this year expecting bad conditions.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 10:34 AM

Cold and rainy on that secret coast at this time of the year. El Niņo storms have come, and looks like more to come,...
The mud is deep!
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 10:53 AM

Don't worry, you'll have plenty of friends to camp with once you're there.

I'm more of a conservative guy myself... try to conserve the feeling of the area and bring the least amount of people as I can.
DeepSlack

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 02:41 PM

Thanks all for the responses and words of advice. Regarding going solo, I was considering doing this (albeit with some anxiety) based on a couple of the responses to this thread. But while I like the idea of camping solo, surfing solo gives me the creeps. Turns out a buddy of mine is able to come along, so I'll have some company.

Regarding the notion of keeping this area free of the unwashed masses: I'm of the opinion that what keeps people away from the area is not a lack of information about how to get there, but an inability to actually pull the trigger and go. Lack of time, inappropriate vehicle, fear of the unknown, etc are likely the biggest crowd deterrents.

One can easily find exact GPS points for every single Punta Sin Nombre in the Hermanas area, yet I was there in November and stayed several days without a single neighbor (not The Wall however, that place was a zoo).

To quote Morpheus: "There is a difference between knowing the path & walking the path."

Will post photos and road updates upon return.

Pura vida,

DS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 03:56 PM

It is BAD roads that filter who goes places! Good roads bring all kinds of people and bad roads bring only good people!

The surfers should spend their energy on stopping road graders and road pavers into the region if they want fewer people on their waves.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 04:16 PM

"We have met the enemy and he is us" and I mean this not only in Pogo's spirit, but with the vigilant practice of listening to other nomads that have seen this stretch of coast a shambles from rain. I have struggled hopelessly to try and free badly stuck Suburbans up to their axles in arguably the nastiest mud on the planet. If you go in here on a rainy year, you may become your own worst enemy from a bad decision to move forward. As I said earlier, there's really respectable, all to yourself waves all up and down Bahia Rosarito if you need to turn back. I wish you safe and successful travel, and waves.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 05:22 PM

please keep identifying landmarks and names out of your reports. we all will recognize the wave wherever you end up but GOOGLE loves to tell the masses.

have you ever noticed the surf mags don't even spout off with names?

DK know about missions, he doesn't need to know about surf spots.

StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 05:40 PM

In November, we were driving down along the coast in the neighborhood of where you're talking about ...

We passed bay after spectacular bay, and finally came over a hill and saw a lone surfer camping. If a bay is crowded like this one, just move along to find another vacant one.

What others said about respecting the rain and mud.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2016 at 05:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by woody with a view  
please keep identifying landmarks and names out of your reports. we all will recognize the wave wherever you end up but GOOGLE loves to tell the masses.

have you ever noticed the surf mags don't even spout off with names?

DK know about missions, he doesn't need to know about surf spots.

Thank you...
I also have 0 interest in surf spots, as I am not a surfer... My interests are dirt roads and desert sites. My road logs and posts along the area in 2007 never mentioned a word about waves or surfing. Some people just like to drive to remote areas and isolated beaches and don't surf.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.