Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Transportable satellite INTERNET systems
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-27-2005 at 11:34 AM
Transportable satellite INTERNET systems

Starband has officially rolled out it's transportable satellite system. It will work as far down as mulege and up into parts of Canada with the standard .75mt dish and all the way to Cabo with a .98mt

The very first official mobile transportable 484 system:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=80152...

Transportable 481 system:

Transportable 360 system:

Also factory refurbished 360 systems as low as $299 for the equipment and monthly fees as low as $39 per month. If you need the .98 mt dish add $250.

Go online to get certified free and you can install it your self.

I have hundreds of satisfied customers in Baja and was the first to bring sat INTERNET to the peninsula 4 years ago.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2005 at 01:05 PM

Max change his stripes? Not bloody likely. Anyway, Max, am I right that the refurbished 360 systems can be upgraded to pull both TV and sat internet?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-27-2005 at 03:25 PM
yeah, if i can get TV too i want one!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 1-27-2005 at 05:11 PM

Say for example if I were a Democrat and I wanted to get one of these wear are you?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-28-2005 at 06:19 AM

i think Max lives around Todos Santos area part time.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2005 at 11:20 AM

I spend my time between TS and Raleigh NC these days. I will only ship these systems at this price to a USA address.

Republican or Dem it does not really matter. If you want a system delivered and installed somewhere in BCS then it would cost you more but we would offer full support and warranty in BCS if we install it down there for you.

My partner in BCS is there full time and we gaurantee loaner/replacement equipment if yours fails for any reason.

If you purchase the USA delivered systems it would be up to you to get anything back to us in the USA should you have any problems.

In either case we offer full support to get you up and running and continued follow up support.

Regarding my signature. I am proud to be a liberal democrat that loves my country. My partner for 4 years, Is a proud, feverent Republican and retired minister so we have both ends covered. It makes for very interesting discussions on long drives. He is a great person and I am proud to be working with him.

Diversity is one of the things that makes America a great place.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2005 at 11:23 AM

You can get DN TV on the same dish about as far south as Bola but after that the geometry of the focal points will make it difficult to allow you to aquire all three sats on the same dish.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 06:37 AM
A photo, por favor?

Bajabus, .... can you post a photo of this system?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 08:33 AM

Pompano,
Click on one of the links in the original post upthread. Each auction has 3-4 photos.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 08:55 AM

is this system Biodegradable?:lol:

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2005 at 11:14 AM

no but you can mod the antenna and turn it into a real nice 20db directional 2.4 Ghz WiFi antenna and the modem makes an attractive paperweight:biggrin:

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-19-2005 at 11:01 PM

Pricing update on transportable units and fixed units. Also details on getting certified and installing these yourself in baja. Get a refurb for as low as $399 with warranty.

new website hosted right here on Q87....thanks Doug
orbitalenterprises

discounts to you know whos non profits, clinics and all those engaged in good deeds in baja but complete support to everyone :D

Hundreds of happy customers from Guatamala/Honduras to the northern most regions of Alaska.

been busy sorry I have not been able to post as often as I would like to or used to.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2005 at 08:32 AM

do you Know what problems I would have legally importing this system in to Mexico?

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 3-20-2005 at 12:34 PM
Max

does that 'birdog' locating device work well for locating the sat, or is it overkill considering all he other gear you get with the initial package?

If one were to mobile around, a bit, as with a MoHo...how long does it take to each time your unload the gear, locate the sat, etc...

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2005 at 12:45 PM

Mexray, the birdog is over kill but some folks like it because it will positively identify the satellite you are on and not just that you are on a satellite. 99% of the time it is not an issue, the problem arises when there is something else wrong with your connection. Like say a connector failed or you have the cables reversed or the modem went FUBAR. Then it becomes hard to tell if it's really an equipment problem or that you are simply pointed at the wrong sat. Right next to the IA-7 satellite just east by a degree or two is a Ku band satellite with a much stronger signal than the IA-7 bird and it tends to confuse someone setting up the system the first few times.

The first time you set this guy up is going to be the hardest and take the longest. With practice and experience you can easily be up and running in 30 - 45 min at most.

Hope that helps

[Edited on 20-3-2005 by Bajabus]

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2005 at 10:03 PM

Leech. sorry I didn't notice your query upthread.

All the systems we install down in BCS we import legally all the time through Import/Export. NAFTA has been good to me.

Importing legally with delivery to a town near you adds about 30% but you get all the papers.

This month only, complete mobile Starband 360 modem system with the heavy duty cst-berger tripod as pictured on my website $750 plus shipping to a USA address. System will work anywhere in the USA, about 100 miles into canada and all the way down to just past Mulege.

heavy duty AMERICAN made CST-berger tripod
refurbished 360 modem with 6 month warranty (extend it for $4.99 a month online)
50ft of dual RG-6 coax
digisat III meter
liquid filled compass
torpedo level
162 page full color tecnical user guide.

You will need the optional .98 meter antenna to reach the tip.

visithttp://www.orbitalenterprises.net

Ignore the pricing there this is a special for Dougs Nomad members...mention this post

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 05:47 AM
Bajabus...a question, por favor.

I want to install satellite Internet and television capabilities onto an RV... operated by solar panels, an invertor, and a battery bank. Do you supply a dish that will do both? Do you have an automatic positioning system...like the Kingdome auto-positioning sat-tv antenna? We will be doing frequent stops and repositioning a sat-antenna every time for a half-hour could become a chore. With our last 5th Wheel, we had the DirecWay satdish (TV only) and it was a real pain sometimes getting the signal. Poops out going south near Catavina on the 18" dish. Would be nice to have a machine do it for you quickly and accurately. We will be making trips from Baja to as far north as Alaska. Thanks for all the good information so far.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 07:12 AM

Pompano,
You can get TV and internet on the same dish but only on the smaller elliptical .75 mt antennas that come standard with either DW or *B. the problem is that because of the geometry of the focal points and the position of the satellites in the clark belt this is only possible in the USA and a short distance in Mexico (maybe as far south as BOLA)and Canada
Then the geometry makes it so you have to peak on one ot the other but not both at the same time. This is also true of the auto pointing systems.

To get an auto pointing system that will work past mulege on the standard antenna your best bet is to go with a DW Datastorm unit. they run about $4000 plus another $1k to 1.5K. I don't sell those but a great site with a ton of informtion on them is here:

datastorm users forum

To do that with a starband autopointing C-Com unit you would need the 1.2 mt option and now you are looking at close to 8 grand total.

The datastorm unit will give you direct TV on the same dish but not very far south. You will need a second dish for TV. I am not very experienced with the TV end of the sat buisness but I understand that direct TV won't work past loretto no matter how big the dish and dishnetwork past Mulege requires at least a .98 meter or larger dish.

Hope that helps

Colin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2005 at 10:33 PM

The description of the training mentions calling into CVACS to verify alignment. Is this done with equipment that is included in the package, or is a satellite phone also required?

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.