BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: TELNOR ENSENADA
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 06:43 AM
TELNOR ENSENADA

new in town and have plan previous owner of house had. have not gone to office yet. can somebody give me an idea of the telnor plan to get where I can at least download a foto on facebook? this is crazy slow. if you have a link or info to help me I will be prepared before I wait for 2 hrs in line tmrw. the sites I saw are all in espanol and my Spanish isn't good enough to figure out the fine print.mil gracias and bien dia!
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 07:00 AM
Telnor Ensenada

I have found that the staff at the main Ensenada Telnor office to be friendly and helpful. There are usually 1 or 2 staff members that speak English. Also have had helpful English speaking service reps at the house to solve some minor modem issues.

One of the problems you might be having can be related to where in Ensenada you are located and what service/equipment Telnor has for that area. You also might check if you can upgrade your current modem/router.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 07:24 AM

Perhaps you're used to a more rapid service up north. What do your numbers look like?

http://www.speedtest.net/

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:07 AM

glad to know the office staff is helpful. I can seak espanol,but not on a technical basis. I live in EL SAUZEL. those around me have faster speed. I think I need to upgrade from this account. I came from Sonora. not fast as a bullet,but at least you could see fotos. now I see nada foto related. then maybe 5 min later the foto will appear on a new page I am reading. haha. I will go tmrw. acclimation~ thx for the help
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:14 AM

dennis,21 down load and 33 ul baddddd
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:21 AM

The info that those around you have faster connections is important. What this means is your problem is associated with the equipment in your house and/or the wiring that leads to the closest junction box.

Also, the slowness you're experiencing, "now I see nada foto related. then maybe 5 min later the foto will appear on a new page I am reading", indicates a technical problem. No Internet DSL service plan, even the cheapest, is that slow nor is any modem no matter how old.

See if a technician can evaluate the integrity of the wires from your wall socket to the junction box they connect to. Also I think it's quite possible the phone will work OK but the Internet not OK because of technical differences in the signal.

[Edited on 5-1-2016 by SFandH]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajapaz  
dennis,21 down load and 33 ul baddddd

are those numbers Mbps or Kbps?

21 Mbps download is a pretty fast connection. I don't understand the "33 ul".
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:38 AM

mbps,sorry. and thax for the suggestion. I will ask for a tech to visit. that's the first step.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 09:46 AM

Take your old/current modem/router with you. You may be able to get a free upgrade

mbps,sorry. and thax for the suggestion. I will ask for a tech to visit. that's the first step.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 10:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
Take your old/current modem/router with you. You may be able to get a free upgrade

And parking at TELNOR is not a problem if you turn into the undergroud lot next door.

Bob Durrell
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 10:42 AM

new in town and have plan previous owner of house had. have not gone to office yet.

Just so you know, no one can or should be able to make changes or get equipment from telnor except the account holder. you say you have not gone into office yet but do you know if the previous owner did that for you? If not, can you contact him/her because there is paperwork to fill out for the transfer.
The only way around that is if you contract a new line for you, just say you are renting and need your own phone and internet and get a new line, it's very simple. The previous owner would still have to go to telnor and cancel service because you would still have the previous owners bill.
I've had to go thru this a couple of times.

Here are the packages they have; https://www.telnor.com/comparativo-paquetes-residenciales

I have the 599 p/m
Saludos
Fernando

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
bajapaz

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 03:43 PM

SFandH ul..upload.omething must be wrong if 33 dl is considered fast and I gave you my experience with the fotos.regarding the equiptment. the homeowner has the contract in his name. I know the rules and regs,thx. he was never here, so he just used the least expensive plan. its his contract etc. but he will go wth me tmrw to upgrade and/or check for issues. too many inconsistencies. time to bring in the big guns. thx all :)
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
5-9-2016 at 07:14 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.