Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Minimun wage in Cabo
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-24-2016 at 08:18 PM

Charley.
Your trying at pidgin English is pathetic, but actually up to par with your regular command of the English language.
If I were you I would brush up on some on my spelling and grammar so educated wifey can be duly proud of you.
Did you finish any kind of schooling??

[Edited on 5-25-2016 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
carlosg
Senior Nomad

Mood: Just like in Baja: No Bad Days...

[*] posted on 5-24-2016 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by charliemanson  

Orthopeadic scrub tech 2000 pesos/ week
Ortho practice mananger 2000 pesos/ week
Receptionist 1500 pesos/week

Including what benefits? And what benefits are you providing to your part time housecleaner? That really needs to be considered when comparing this stuff...

IMSS.... Infonavit.... ISR.... be careful NOT to pis...off your housecleaner or she just might ask for some ayuda legal... and then you'll certainly have to move sorry ars to where ever you come from...

...work to camp and fish.... dream to be there....

http://aquapropoolandspaservice.com/
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 12:00 AM

200 pesos/ day for concrete mixer guy.
300 pesos/day elec/plumber.
200 pesos/day painter.
250 block layer dude...
20% contractor (gringo)

These prices are lower - much lower - than what people normally pay in less expensive places of Baja. If anybody is being ripped off, it's not you, IMO.
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 12:36 PM

BCS, highest cost of living in the Republic other than el Distrito Federal.

National minimum wages are not the going rate throughout the country, it's like everywhere, "whatever the market will bear".

Like some above have said, if you can't pay the freight, clean your house yourself you CHEAP MOFO!

Like many people years ago, they came here for the cheap cigarettes and booze, times change.....
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 01:06 PM

lencho, you have a good point. They are in fact recieving an retierment plan unlike the unskilled labor that I did not consider when evaluating what is paid for services.

I still feel 400-500 pesos for 3 hours of nobrainer work is a little much as compared to the guy pushing concrete in the heat for 200 a day without benifits maybe. Just sayin'.

I don't live in Cabo or have an estravagant home on the beach. Just looking for a simple discussion on wages. Was not looking for angery people with no life to chime in. (Vandy) You must have found a bean counter next to your film camera and did the math. DS

2 Marlin released today and home was clean when I got back!!!
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 01:13 PM

lencho, you have a good point. They are in fact recieving an retierment plan unlike the unskilled labor that I did not consider when evaluating what is paid for services.

I still feel 400-500 pesos for 3 hours of nobrainer work is a little much as compared to the guy pushing concrete in the heat for 200 a day without benifits maybe. Just sayin'.

I don't live in Cabo or have an estravagant home on the beach. Just looking for a simple discussion on wages. Was not looking for angery people with no life to chime in. (Vandy) You must have found a bean counter next to your film camera and did the math. DS

Curious....what's the going rate to tip the captain and deckhands?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  

Curious....what's the going rate to tip the captain and deckhands?

I am sure charles manson is a bad tipper, and probably has no idea what going rate is.
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-25-2016 at 04:00 PM

Curious...................... is your housekeeper cute?

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2016 at 09:27 AM

Housekeeper...not so much.

Tipping is a good question. In the states it was common to divide the bill by 7 and round up. It always worked out...that is if you can divide or forgot your bean counter.

Here it does depend on service more so than in the states although I an not sure why. I see everything from 20% to 2%. Or maybe more, what you are charge for services. I will not tip the beer guy at Cerritos beach because he charges 150 pesos for one beer and will not allow you to bring your own to a federal zone. (thats another thread)

Unrelated to the original question of what is normal pay for unskilled workers per day, is what happened down here 15 years ago regarding tipping. No tipping here was expected in this villiage. People started leaving tips and the next year the price of "tacos" went up 10-20%. The next year, the same. When the question was brought up as to why, it was said because people keep leaving more money than we charged so we started charging more. ???? Did "WE" help create this expectation by our culture?

By the way, I probably tip to much and therefore have caused the whole problem:biggrin:
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2016 at 12:10 PM

Housekeeper...not so much.

Tipping is a good question. In the states it was common to divide the bill by 7 and round up. It always worked out...that is if you can divide or forgot your bean counter.

Here it does depend on service more so than in the states although I an not sure why. I see everything from 20% to 2%. Or maybe more, what you are charge for services. I will not tip the beer guy at Cerritos beach because he charges 150 pesos for one beer and will not allow you to bring your own to a federal zone. (thats another thread)

Unrelated to the original question of what is normal pay for unskilled workers per day, is what happened down here 15 years ago regarding tipping. No tipping here was expected in this villiage. People started leaving tips and the next year the price of "tacos" went up 10-20%. The next year, the same. When the question was brought up as to why, it was said because people keep leaving more money than we charged so we started charging more. ???? Did "WE" help create this expectation by our culture?

By the way, I probably tip to much and therefore have caused the whole problem:biggrin:

eight dollar beers....I'd find another beach!:o
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2016 at 12:40 PM

At a bar on the Malecon in La Paz, the bartender said that he makes 25 pesos per hour plus tips.

A guy behind the counter at the INM told me two years ago that he makes about $2,300 MXN per week for a 30 hour week.

I read that policemen in La Paz make the equivalent of $550 USD per month.

I have paid people to clean my yard at the rate of about 45 pesos per hour or $16 to $22 USD per day.

FWIW, I don't like over tipping or under tipping and the best criterion is to make a good faith judgment on the level of earnest effort and energy and level of care that a worker applies to their work and then reward it with a reasonable and prudent tip if you feel that the amount that you pay (without the tip) doesn't adequately reward the person for the job they have done.
Some guys ask for high pay to start with and then they do a good job. I don't tip them much, if at all, but I make it known to them that I thought their work was good and that I will certainly use them the next time. Giving them future work will be appreciated by them and that is good business for both us.

When it comes to restaurants, people customarily tip based on a percentage of the bill. WRONG. I tip based on the service. So, I might tip the same for the same work performed whether I am dining at Viejo II on the Malecon or at Tres Virgenes. I tip on the effort, energy, time, and care, not a % of the bill. Also, I try to estimate what my tip would be paying them on a per hour basis if everyone tipped them like I would. Doesn't make sense to tip so high that they are making per hour more than a teacher who has to complete a four year degree where as it takes 3 days to 2 weeks to train a waiter/waitress? Not to me. But it's a free country.

If you are investment rich and make your money from what the IRS calls "unearned income" or passive investment income (generically called "rents"), I suggest tipping a great deal to get that money that made you rich back to the working class that actually makes the products and services that is the actual and only original intrinsic value created in the economy.

[Edited on 5-26-2016 by MitchMan]
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2016 at 12:55 PM

:lol: gringo's, they got it all figured out don't they!
bezzell
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-26-2016 at 01:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
\
eight dollar beers....I'd find another beach!:o

:lol::lol: charlie, the math genius!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.