Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: What's up at K58?
edevart
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2005 at 01:34 PM
What's up at K58?

Can anyone inform me as to what is happening at K58? I was down there a few weeks ago and the campground on the mesa was closed and the place empty. I surfed one day and was the only person out there whereas there are normally dozens of people in the water.

I assume it is a land title/ejido issue, but don't know for sure.

Thanks.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2005 at 01:53 PM
Major chemical sewage spill

Didn't they have it posted?
But, not to worry:biggrin:
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

lol.gif posted on 1-31-2005 at 02:36 PM
Spill???

TO FUNNY JR.:lol::lol::lol:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 08:31 AM

school of sharks?.....whatever is was I think the results were good.....empty lot w/no surfers:o...
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 08:39 AM

what and where is K58? is this the Mexican name for an aria or a gringo rename?

[Edited on 2-1-2005 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 11:33 AM

K58 is the location of a surf spot just off the free road a few miles north of La Fonda, BCN.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 11:47 AM

OK thanks Dano then that stands for kilometer 58 on the free rode.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

azusa_bob
Banned

Mood: Hot to Trot!!

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Didn't they have it posted?
But, not to worry:biggrin:

Methinks JR's 55 gallon drum septic "system" has overflowed!! :lol::lol::moon::moon:
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 01:39 PM

JR Flushed a bonita
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 05:56 PM

dude, and what happened to campo lopez. flashing 1971, k55 k58, whatever... before the bottom changed and the break rocked barrels. When pancho villa on the horse collected the buck to camp there and told the feds who had what and a midnight visit was guaranteed but the stash was hidden cuz we weren't naive, even at 18. The feds were nicer back then anyways so even if ones hand was in the cookie jar a few bucks and beers and it always worked out. A few seasons of the mainland taught one the ins and outs and youthful innocence went a long ways too.
JR is right, not to worry. Baja is posted:
Wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and dumbass gringos, which often are found in symbiosis.
As for what's up there now. Looks like the washing machine is on soak cycle soon to be followed by a spin. Soon as them cartels straighten out who is to do what to whom the se vende/bende sign goes up: lotes con enganche y obonos, facilidades a pagar compa.
always seem to be one step behind, still lookin for dollars when euros are the real prize. hay dios mio.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2005 at 09:31 AM

Far out man....but you do have some things straight....the guy on the horse collecting a dollar...and the bottom before the winter storms tore it up one year.....
bajaandy
Senior Nomad

Mood: Adventurous

[*] posted on 2-3-2005 at 10:24 AM

Ahhh.... the good 'ol days. Are they gone, or simply residing on another astral plane?
The old baja, she ain't what she used to be...

subvert the dominant paradigm

"If you travel with a man, you must either fall out with him or make him your good friend."
JBL Noel
The Sculpin
Nomad

Mood: Riding into the Sunset, looking for a sunrise.

[*] posted on 2-3-2005 at 12:19 PM

My first experience with the barrel of a rifle with a kid dressed in green at the other end was one of those midnight raids at K55's. I must been 15 and my parents sure as hell didn't know where I was, let alone at the business end of some cold hard steel! A few playboys and some cervesas later we were tucked back in and sleeping like babies!

Anyone remember the guy at Salipuedes who use to come around and collect? He had a very shiny silver Colt 45 he used to love showing off. Nice enough guy....

:P
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 2-4-2005 at 02:48 PM

Sounds a lot like camping above La Bufadora when I was a kid. I learned what guns and shots fired were in Baja.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 09:09 AM

Back in the 70's there was hardly a surf spot/camping spot from El Rosario to the border the feds or the local delagado and crew didn't know about. Midnight visits were the norm! And yes, a few beers, playboys and youthful innocence did keep us out of serious trouble. I posted that anom, tongue in cheek again. I don't think my kids read this board but one has to be careful, eh.
At places close to the border such as K38, Rauls, K55 etc, you also had to sleep with your board or it would walk away before dawn. A few weeks later there would be some local kid in the lineup on your board someone had stolen a few weeks earlier. You would tell the kid that was your board, ask how much he paid for it, give him the money and buy your board back for the 20 bucks he paid the thief. No harm, no foul.
Yep, that Baja is gone and in fact, I don't even know where K38 is anymore!

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 03:16 PM

In 1975 at K38 we had just come back to the van on the cliff after a moring of great surf. I was with my good friend Barry and two girls from Arizona who were both 17. An old chevy pulled up and 5 soliders got out, put on their helmets and proceeded to search Barrys van and found a joint that Barry said he did'nt know was there? Off we went to Rosirito jail. The girls had to call their parents in Arizona who came and got them but left us in jail for three days. Every morning the Cheif called us in and and asked us to call our parents, which we did'nt do, and sent us back to the cell. Finally after the 3rd day the Cheif told us to call once again and after we did'nt told us to leave. The van, which was parked in front of the police station was untouched but we did'nt have any money for gas to get us to the border. Just to get us out of there the big Cheif gave us 10 bucks and said he did'nt want us back in his town. After that trip we returned often and Barry was taken to jail twice in Hussongs once for tapping on a table and again for absolutly nothing. I also spent some time twice in Ensenada jail for minor infractions and beaten severly by the police. I now have lived in Ensenada for 17 years and have not had any problems at all, but since then I cut my hair and it is a little grey now, but I still surf now and then....Things have changed alot...

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 04:31 PM

So, where's Barry?

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2005 at 10:24 PM

Dave,
Barry died at Mavricks on a big day December 86'. He was a good friend.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.