BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: U.S Passport Renewal
ex250

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 12:56 AM

I misplaced my passport and I have a reservation in Baja. Can I enter Mexico with just the passport card ?
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:18 AM
Passport card entry

Yes, by land - don't think it will work for air travel though.

John
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:28 PM

I submitted my application for renewal in Anchorage today, and added a passport card as well. The cost was $143.75 with the shipping envelope and money order fee.

I was surprised to see that they were set up at the post office to take the photo, but the clerk told me it was an additional $15 there, or I could drive two miles to Costco and get them for $5, which I did.

If you take the form home and fill it out, be sure to use black ink, or you will be doing it over.

If anyone in Anchorage needs to submit an application, there are only three locations that have the forms, downtown, at the airport, or at Northwood and Strawberry. I used the Strawberry location, and it went pretty quickly.

The worst part of the process was comparing the new photo to the one taken ten years ago. What happened to me?

[Edited on 6-24-2016 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by toneart  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
toneart - when is your trip down planned for?

:biggrin:

Blanca, I am not planning a trip. Just being optimistic and wanting to renew the passport for the future. Health is getting in the way.

Tony

We old farts do have that issue about planning, don't we, Tony.
grace59
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2016 at 03:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dtbushpilot  
Is there still an expedite option? We are going up to San Diego next month to get our passports renewed, would like to return home (BCS) asap, 3 weeks is too long.

I just renewed our Passports (and got a Passport Card at the same time). I used the "Expedite" feature...sent them overnight mail with extra payment to have them overnighted back to me and had the new Passport Book back within a week. A couple of days later I got the Passport Cards and old Passport Book back....they all came in separate mailings.

Whenever I hear that rainy, chill wind blow. I think it may be time to head for Mexico. Tengo que obedecer mi corazon!
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 7-4-2016 at 07:37 AM

In San Francisco my daughter and I renew at city hall. Just show up with a picture (mine at a Walgreen's photo shop) and your expired passport, pay a fee, and it's in the mail in a week or two.
Tony, I drive by your house in the Orchard but you are never there.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-26-2016 at 05:31 PM

I forgot to report on my passport application result when I got it back. I used a standard US mail envelope, with no special priority to renew my passport, and add a passport card. It took less than three weeks to my P.O. box in Anchorage.

The envelopes were not postmarked, and I was out of town when they arrived, so I am not sure of an accurate turn around time.

Edit; My application was mailed from Anchorage on June 24, and the new issue date was July 08. Unknown how many days in the return mail, but it was fast.

[Edited on 7-27-2016 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.