BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Combining 2 lots into 1?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 01:12 PM
Combining 2 lots into 1?

Can it be done?
How is it done?
Whose approval is required?
Where to start?
Is there a cost involved? If so, how much is estimated?

Sticker shock on the cost of the Fide has me thinking of a way to cut that expense in half.
Thanks in advance to all kind Nomads who are willing to offer info/advice.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 02:04 PM

Yes, it can be done. At least assuming you are talking about adjacent lots. It was done to our property before we bought it. I suggest you talk to a lawyer. He/she may recommend a notario. There is some cost involved, cannot recall how much and may depend on the circumstances.

As an alternative to the fideicomiso, you may want to consider a corporation. It can own multiple properties.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 02:34 PM

We are in Mulege and own 2 adjacent lots, they are on one Fideicomiso.
one annual fee. Several in our community have the same also...
Some do not, they pay multiple annual fees...
It was always our understanding that property transactions "fideicomiso"were always done thru a Notario...Usually handled by an attorney or a paid facilitator to keep the transaction moving along..
As for a corporation, it is supposed to be business property not personal residence... you need an accountant and an employee which I think you can be the employee...
As for which bank,, ours is with Interacciones and we have had a couple of nightmares with them... Most of the folks that get theirs thru Bancomer seem to be satisfied... you always hear noise about the gov't wanting everything correct even tho we know much is done differently in Mx.
Interacciones in LaPaz is an office not a bank.... like we know...

there are many stories out there and many will argue with it all...
Good Luck.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 03:15 PM

If your 2 lots combined go over 2000 square meters I believe it opens a whole new can of worms.

Good luck with the project, it will give you something to do with all your spare time for quite a while.:D
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:34 PM

Why not contact an attorney for an answer? One that specializes in real estate. Laws are changing all the time.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:39 PM

Just curious that since you have been around this site for so long, just where is it that you are seeking to combine lots?
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by msteve1014  
If your 2 lots combined go over 2000 square meters I believe it opens a whole new can of worms.

Good luck with the project, it will give you something to do with all your spare time for quite a while.:D

You are right, if the lot is larger than 1000m2, you might need to get approval from Sermanat, in order to built/develop, which might require an environment impact study, and so on.
To get away from this nightmare, it will be easier to leave the lots separately.
I kept my four lots separately, and got 4 separate building permits, in order to construct a block wall around them.......we have not built the separation wall in between yet :)
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2016 at 04:54 PM

On page 7 of 27:

O) CHANGES IN LAND USE OF FOREST AREAS AND IN jungles and arid zones:

I. Change of use of land for farming, aquaculture, real estate development, urban infrastructure, the means of communication or for the establishment of commercial, industrial or service on land with forest vegetation, except for single-family housing construction and the establishment of commercial and service facilities in plots smaller than 1000 square meters, where the construction does not involve the felling of trees in an area greater than 500 square meters, or the removal or fragmentation of habitat for flora and fauna specimens subject to special protection regime in accordance with the official Mexican standards and other legal requirements;

REGLAMENTO DE LA LEY GENERAL DEL EQUILIBRIO ECOLÓGICO Y LA PROTECCIÓN AL AMBIENTE EN MATERIA DE EVALUACIÓN DEL IMPACTO AMBIENTAL

Nuevo Reglamento publicado en el Diario Oficial de la Federación el 30 de mayo de 2000

TEXTO VIGENTE
Última reforma publicada DOF 26-04-2012
Fe de erratas DOF 27-04-2012

II. Reforestación o instalación de viveros con especies exóticas, híbridos o variedades transgénicas.

O) CAMBIOS DE USO DEL SUELO DE ÁREAS FORESTALES, ASÍ COMO EN SELVAS Y ZONAS ÁRIDAS:

I. Cambio de uso del suelo para actividades agropecuarias, acuícolas, de desarrollo inmobiliario, de infraestructura urbana, de vías generales de comunicación o para el establecimiento de instalaciones comerciales, industriales o de servicios en predios con vegetación forestal, con excepción de la construcción de vivienda unifamiliar y del establecimiento de instalaciones comerciales o de servicios en predios menores a 1000 metros cuadrados, cuando su construcción no implique el derribo de arbolado en una superficie mayor a 500 metros cuadrados, o la eliminación o fragmentación del hábitat de ejemplares de flora o fauna sujetos a un régimen de protección especial de conformidad con las normas oficiales mexicanas y otros instrumentos jurídicos aplicables;
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2016 at 01:19 AM

Ok thanks. I guess my work is cut out for me.
I have a noterio in Ensenada and also know and attorney there too.
It occurs to me that I sort of know these things already.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2016 at 02:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
Just curious that since you have been around this site for so long, just where is it that you are seeking to combine lots?[/rquote

]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2016 at 03:46 PM

Quote: Originally posted by fishbuck  
Just curious that since you have been around this site for so long, just where is it that you are seeking to combine lots?[/rquote

]

And, from that fuzzy photo, I am supposed the glean just where it is??:?::?::?::?:
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2016 at 10:32 PM

]

And, from that fuzzy photo, I am supposed the glean just where it is??:?::?::?::?:

Only if you want to. Pacific side. How's that?

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2016 at 01:11 PM

Ok. If it's a game then there needs to be a prize.
1st Nomad who can guess the location gets to help me build a retaining wall out of local volcanic rock...and a beer.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-26-2016 at 01:39 PM

San quintin
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2016 at 03:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
San quintin

What kind of beer do you like... and when can you start?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-26-2016 at 03:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
San quintin

What kind of beer do you like... and when can you start?

Do like the short fingered vulgarian and tell Mexico to pay for your damn wall!:lol:

You can send me a case Of IPA here in San Diego.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-26-2016 at 11:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
SQ is pretty big..... how about just north of the Old Mill?
Narrow it down for two beers?
It's a long drive from my house, though.

We will have a very nice view of the Old Mill when we're done drinking beer and piling up rocks. Free camping.!

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2016 at 06:32 AM
Pedregal

Good luck. Bet you got a steal on the place.

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.