BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Desert Hawks Emergency Services extending to Cataviņa... we request your help!!! *** Update ***
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 08:52 AM

Sounds great Cindi!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 12:54 PM

Bajamedic,
Thanks for your input and your years of service to people! Its great to know you're involved with the Hawks. You are making a difference in Baja! Where are you in No Cal? I'm originally from Gilroy/San Jose.

David K,
Wow! What a past you have with Baja and Antonio! Great picture! That's quite a reading list you've given me, feel like I'm back in college. Really, I do appreciate it, I have a thirst for knowing about Baja and El Rosario. My first trip was in 2002 and when I returned this year (after an absence of 14 years), I saw so many changes and it sort of shocked me. Thanks "Walking Encyclopedia of the South!"

Wilderone,
I love your idea!!! Count me in! I really would like to experience those things you've listed...what an intro to Baja!

Ya'll (as they say here in Nashville) really are making me feel at home with BajaNomad! Thanks
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 02:39 PM

A bus full of nomads going to El Rosario????? Be lucky to make it to Rosarito!!:o

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 09:11 PM

Thank you everyone for your nice words and wonderful support!!!

Frank, it was indeed very nice to meet you and your friends at BajaCactus, and before anything else thank you so much for having our little community in your thoughts and actions.

It will be a honor to help you and your group in any endeavors you start here in El Rosario, please count with the assistance and support of our Desert Hawk Volunteers for any activities.

Also, please feel free to talk to your Fire Chief in our behalf, we would be very happy to have a relationship with the Nashville Fire Department and help each other in anyway we can. Our Desert Hawks e-mail is info*at*halconesdeldesierto.org or info*at*deserthawksrescue.com (please replace *at* with @).

Wilderone... very nice and bold idea... maybe we should give it a try next year in the summer?... When it is nice and warm down here... with some sightseeings/overnight camping at the "Cardonal" and/or some kind of eco-tourism trip?...

Thanks again everyone!!!

Antonio Muņoz
Desert Hawks Fire and Rescue
Commitment, Inc
Non-Profit Organization

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 05:34 AM
Contact for Desert Hawks?

Antonio - in the event of an emergency within the area you serve, what is the proper contact telephone number to reach the Desert Hawks? Must the call for aid go through Cruz Roja, how is that done?

Cell phone service is improving a little, some folks have satellite phones, and/or other means at their disposal.

Along the highway some places are known to have telephone service, I believe at the intersection of Highway 1 and road to Bay of L.A. there is a phone nearby.

John M
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 08:00 AM

Out of curiosity, I made an inquiry for the cost of the bus - one US bus company that I got a reply from, and another Mex. bus Co I have not heard back from (I would assume their cost would be less). Anyway, based on the info I gave them: SY or TJ depart to El Rosario, one overnight, for 30-40 people would be $2990. That's $75 pp. for RT transportation (you don't have to drive, buy insurance, gas or tune up the car). Hotel $35 (?); dinner + two drinks event party rate $30; $25 donation = $165. It's another $1000 ($25 ea for 40 people) for a 2nd night. Second night hotel; otherwise people are on their own - bus departs about noon with a lunch stop at someplace nice.
Anyway - totally doable - just need 40 people.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 09:12 AM

Good research work wilderone! I nominate you as Nomad travel agent!!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 09:13 AM

For emergencies withih our area you can call our direct Emergency line: (616) 103-0262 or you can also call 911 and they will activate us as well.

Only problen with 911 is that they answer from facilities in Ensenada and I have noticed they are not very well versed with the areas outside the city, therefore making it more difficult for them to respond in an efficient manner.

In the past year, I formed a network of communication with all the Rescue Groups south of Ensenada, so if you happen to call Desert Hawks we are in a position to relay that message and/or activate any of the available Groups from San Vicente to Guerrero Negro. I am now trying to enhance this Communication Network with a Radios Repeater System amongst all the Groups, which is almost done and if everything goes as planned should be ready in the next few months.

Wilderone... You have been busy... Hehehehe... Sounds like a wonderful idea!!!

Antonio Muņoz
Non-profit organization

BajaCactus
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 11:24 AM

(616) 103-0262

Just added to my phone list!
Thank you Antonio... it is amazing all the things you are doing.
I hope Nomads contribute, at least by using your Pemex station and that great motel next door, if not make direct donations.

John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 11:29 AM
Direct emergency line questions

Thanks for the clarification Antonio.

How long has the 911 in Baja been actually working? Is the 078 (I think that is what it is) we see on the roadside boards no longer in service for emergencies?

Also - is the number you just gave staffed 24/7 and is it sometimes bi-lingual?

John
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2016 at 12:06 PM

-- 078 is a line from the State Tourism Board. Their call center is in Tijuana, works 24/7 and have english spoken personnel. This number was designed for Tourist assistance, like the best sightseeing places in towns, how to get to an attraction, reference for Restaurants, Motels, etc., however if they receive a call of an actual emergency they patch you through the 911 emergency line.

-- 911 started replacing our old 066 Emergency Number this past October 3rd. The Government plan is to slowly replace all the different Emergency numbers in Mexico to only 911. Baja California was one of the first States to make the change. Other States will follow in the next months. 066 will still be available for a while until the whole change is done. Every major city has its own Emergency Response Center, so when you dial 911 it gets redirected to the closest one, in our case Ensenada. 911 calls are responded 24/7 by staff from either Red Cross and/or the Firestations who are assigned duty to the Emergency Response Centers. In theory they always have english spoken personnel.

-- Our own Desert Hawks Emergency number (616) 103-0262 is a cell phone number for now (we do not have a base yet). It is answered 24/7 and I make it a point to have it with me most of the time.

Antonio Muņoz
Non-profit organization

BajaCactus
Nashville Frank
Junior Nomad

Mood: Baja happy

[*] posted on 12-15-2016 at 03:13 PM

Antonio,
I spoke to my boss that used to be the Fire Chief of Nashville, TN (he quit to run for mayor). He said he's pretty sure they can help you out with some items. He'd like to have a list of what your needs are and he'll get to work on it.

Please send your list to my email: fdrosch@yahoo.com

Is your email the same as Baja Cactus?

Thanks my friend,
Frank
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.