BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: NEW REMOTE WHALE CAMP in Laguna Ojo de Liebre!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-12-2016 at 03:33 PM

Organic, natural fertilizer.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2016 at 04:46 PM

I cannot but congratulate Shari. But, at the same time there are a whole bunch of tenderfoots who drive Baja and do stop to see the whales. They do not camp. The original nature center offered a refined environment with a restaurant and bar. Drive ins could get on a panga.

I have encountered Shari and Sirena at the nature center more than once.

Her new thingy does not appeal to me or my family, as much as it does have much appeal to others.

My question is, since Shari's husband Juan is a member of the ejido, will there be any blowback to her new enterprise.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-12-2016 at 04:57 PM

Agree it will have a limited clientele. Many won't leave their vehicle for multiple days or be parted from it in case of sudden desire or need to leave or want to sleep in their vehicle (camper on pickup), etc.

It would be great for tour bus guests or fly-in guests. How's that little Guerrero Negro airline doing? Okay since the one plane crashed west of Loreto?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-12-2016 at 05:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Agree it will have a limited clientele. Many won't leave their vehicle for multiple days or be parted from it in case of sudden desire or need to leave or want to sleep in their vehicle (camper on pickup), etc.
?

Huh?

Be adventurous!

Your car should not be your security blankey.

Fleeing is a a poor response to new or different experiences. Man up, and commit to seeing a new experience through, from start to finish.

Grow a pair!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2016 at 06:35 PM

I would not leave my car unattended. They have been "borrowed" lately and the police believe some of the culprits are from Vizcaino and Guerrero Negro.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2016 at 07:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
I cannot but congratulate Shari. But, at the same time there are a whole bunch of tenderfoots who drive Baja and do stop to see the whales. They do not camp. The original nature center offered a refined environment with a restaurant and bar. Drive ins could get on a panga.

I have encountered Shari and Sirena at the nature center more than once.

Her new thingy does not appeal to me or my family, as much as it does have much appeal to others.

My question is, since Shari's husband Juan is a member of the ejido, will there be any blowback to her new enterprise.

Juan is part of another fishing coop...not so sure about an ejido, though. And we're talking many miles away. Not sure why anyone would or should care...even you:?:;D:light:

[Edited on 8-13-2016 by Bajaboy]

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-13-2016 at 08:18 AM

La-Mar tours has a fenced in compound at their coop facility beside the Salt works that has a 24 hour guard as well so the vehicles are perfectly safe...safer than at the hotels!

Whale Magic will still be doing day trips with our usual hotel packages for those tenderfoots who dont wish to camp. These trips will include a lunch break at the camp where you can get off the panga...have a nice bathroom stop...they of course will have ecological biffies so no poop on the beach! you can have a walk on the beach or relax and watch whales from the beach...and the lunch they will serve will be fantastic! After seeing the camp, I imagine people will want to stay there instead of a hotel! It will be more like glamping with hot showers, a dining room, internet etc.

Of course it is not for everyone...which is one of the reasons I am more drawn to it...it is more personalized and unique for more serious whale folks. So yes I will be doing less trips..but of a higher quality.

My husband Juan is not a member of this particular fishing cooperativa or any ejido so I dont get what you mean by blowback howard???

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2016 at 10:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by shari  
La-Mar tours has a fenced in compound at their coop facility beside the Salt works that has a 24 hour guard as well so the vehicles are perfectly safe...safer than at the hotels!

Whale Magic will still be doing day trips with our usual hotel packages for those tenderfoots who dont wish to camp. These trips will include a lunch break at the camp where you can get off the panga...have a nice bathroom stop...they of course will have ecological biffies so no poop on the beach! you can have a walk on the beach or relax and watch whales from the beach...and the lunch they will serve will be fantastic! After seeing the camp, I imagine people will want to stay there instead of a hotel! It will be more like glamping with hot showers, a dining room, internet etc.

Of course it is not for everyone...which is one of the reasons I am more drawn to it...it is more personalized and unique for more serious whale folks. So yes I will be doing less trips..but of a higher quality.

My husband Juan is not a member of this particular fishing cooperativa or any ejido so I dont get what you mean by blowback howard???

Great news on the new venture... but next season I will be doing another Whale Majic the "old" way...... as I will have some tenderfoots. However, I DO LIKE that under the Whale Majic we will be doing a lunch break at the new camp spot so we can check it our for future!
Alan
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2016 at 12:55 PM

great Alan...I look forward to it...let me know when you have a date in mind so we can get it booked!

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2016 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DawnPatrol  

Sorry. I do know that the Arce name is associate with ejidos all the way down to Punta Abreojos. My bad.

[Edited on 8-14-2016 by Bajahowodd]

[Edited on 8-14-2016 by Bajahowodd]
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 8-15-2016 at 12:15 PM

Very cool Shari! Congratulations on the new venture!

shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 02:15 PM

thanks Geoff...

Howodd....the Arce name is abundant all over the peninsula particularly in our central area.....nothing to do with ejidos...they were here LONG before any ejidos were...and many are not pleased with the ejidos coming and claiming land that was just given to them by some Mexico city official....and now dislocating the original inhabitants of the land!!!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 03:33 PM

Yes, I imagine the original inhabitants would be upset at being dislocated....had their culture survived.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 04:30 PM

thanks Geoff...

Howodd....the Arce name is abundant all over the peninsula particularly in our central area.....nothing to do with ejidos...they were here LONG before any ejidos were...and many are not pleased with the ejidos coming and claiming land that was just given to them by some Mexico city official....and now dislocating the original inhabitants of the land!!!

Got it.
shari
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2016 at 04:49 PM

the original Arce....a horseman sent from Spain to guard the SAn Ignacio mission married an indigenous woman so the Arce descendants have Cochimi blood too.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.