Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Prayer for Neal Johns
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 12:08 PM

Update on the Lytle Creek area fire-------:

http://ktla.com/2016/08/21/blue-cut-fire-now-83-percent-cont...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 12:24 PM

Thanks, Barry!
If Neal calls again, I will pass along any news.

In case any Nomads don't know Neal and Marian from the many posts here and on Amigos de Baja over the years... Here is a photo of them in my new book...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 04:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by MMc  
The fire was stopped on the ridge line above the canyon they in, less than 3 miles from their house. Go look at fox news, there is a long clip 57 mins There is a lange patch of green below the ridge line with a couple of lakes in it Moutain Meadows. Neal's house is less than .5 miles away. I'll let you look through them. There are a lot of folks whose live are are changing. I. E .losing everything right now, and you say it's summer. HAVE A NICE DAY DK!

Why would a rational person even watch FoxNews?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
The fire was stopped on the ridge line above the canyon they in, less than 3 miles from their house. Go look at fox news, there is a long clip 57 mins There is a lange patch of green below the ridge line with a couple of lakes in it Moutain Meadows. Neal's house is less than .5 miles away. I'll let you look through them. There are a lot of folks whose live are are changing. I. E .losing everything right now, and you say it's summer. HAVE A NICE DAY DK!

Why would anyone only want to hear a slanted version of reality rather than a fair and balaced report... in order to have your own opinion instead of repeating DNC marching orders? Kick the Kool Aid habit!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 05:06 PM

turn down the sound and watch megyn kelly? :yes:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 05:36 PM

As of today, 83% containment of the Blue Cut fire. All evacuees are allowed to return to their homes!:bounce:

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 8-21-2016 at 07:29 PM

I was searching through ant video that had images of the fireline on google and that one was good for the ridge line above Lytle Creek. I have friends that too live in Lytle Creek, I was worried. I find most news gathering companies are slanted one way or another. I look at both sides and make up my own mind. a video of a fire is not slanted one way or another.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 07:07 AM

That would depend on which direction the fire is travelling. Right or the other way.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 04:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Why would anyone only want to hear a slanted version of reality rather than a fair and balaced report... in order to have your own opinion instead of repeating DNC marching orders? Kick the Kool Aid habit!

Sure. Murdoch and Ailes put together their fair and balanced right wing agenda. How's Ailes looking to you now?
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 05:38 PM

We came back to our home in Lytle Creek yesterday, unloaded today. This included Marian's Corvette, five dogs, and my current wife Marian (46 years and counting, guess I'll keep her). Everything was just as left except everything has shrunk, I am not sure the stuff we took with us will fit now. :lol:
Thanks for all the support on the BajaNomad forum.
Neal
P.S. I laugh a lot, cry rarely.:lol: :lol:

P1120231 (Copy).JPG - 199kBP1120232 (Copy).JPG - 191kB

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 05:46 PM

Glad to see you back on Nomad at your home, Neal. The driveway addition looks cool. It was just being readied for the concrete pour when I was last there.

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 08:20 PM

YAY I am so happy for you. How scary to have a fire like that, but I am SOOOO happy everything is okay.
MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 09:27 PM

Cool. Very impressive fire, I also happy that the Neal's are home and safe. Why hart goes out to those that lived in lone pine canyon.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-22-2016 at 09:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Sure. Murdoch and Ailes put together their fair and balanced right wing agenda. How's Ailes looking to you now?

Nothing fair or balanced on fox, just right wing propaganda from hacks like oreilly and hannity,... but, refreshingly, those two are the first to tell you they do not claim to be journalists.
Alies sure turned out to be a big fat sexist pervert. I guess when you are that fat and ugly that is one way to get women. Funny, trump is still publicly associating Alies with his campaign, I chit you not!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 05:22 AM

tv news outlets are just like the politicos. they don't represent you and me they only represent their self interests. vote every incumbent out!

MMc
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 06:51 AM

News, like all media is to keep you around between, or around for the next ad.

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 08:33 AM

thanks for the report Neal! I think that beautiful thunderbird wrapped it's great wings around you to protect you! laugh on!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-23-2016 at 09:36 AM

Welcome back home, Neal and Marian!!! That was a close one! Such a beautiful home, too. Many thanks for the update and good news------many of us were very concerned.

I am thinking that with so much fuel removed from the surrounding hills, you now can breath a sigh of relief, at least for the next few years.

Keep smiling!!! (-:

[Edited on 8-23-2016 by Barry A.]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 05:47 PM

Your new driveway looks great! Remind me never to park my weeping Jeep on it!:biggrin:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.