BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: self defense and MX justice?
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 08:02 AM

Well my apartment is private and gated and secured. It is among the nicest in Playas. There is no safer place to move. It is now fenced with chain link and double razor wire and there is a night patrol with a dog. We have had no repeats with the thieves. We have lived there 3 years and this is the first incident. It was interesting that at first management denied it happened, then when the same thing occurred the next day we found out that there had been another (so 3 attempts). All the neighbors got together and demanded action. Then the fence, extra guard, dog, and we also all got parking stickers.

There were some people living in the unfinished apartments, they are now gone.

The woman who was robbed at knifepoint put a big loud alarm.

All the residents met and now at least we all know each other.

Our windows are solid glass and don't open. Most apartments have large sliding glass doors. Ours is a huge wood door. These are the only ventilation.

Police were called and did come on site on all 3 occasions. We live about 1/4 mile to the police station. As this is Playas not Centro or Zona Norte I believe the police are more decent.

I will act to defend myself and my wife if necessary and let the court sort it out. Of course I can always return to the US and they can try to extradite.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 10:36 AM

I Cant imagine living in a situation like that. It sounds more like a jail cell than an apartment. To each his own I guess...Good luck...

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 11:14 AM

A Mexican (lives in TJ) once told me that in Mexico the good people live behind bars and the criminals are on the street. Many homeowners in TJ use razor wire and alarm systems.

The city is full of thieves.

Once I visited friends in Guadalajara and they had chain link over the top of their patio, like a roof, connected to the fence around the yard. It was like a cage.

[Edited on 8-24-2016 by SFandH]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 11:56 AM

Have a friend that lives in Baja Malibu.He caught one two legged rata in his backyard. The thief had pry bar to gain access to back door.Home owner gave chase could not catch him.So home owner jumped in car to report at guard shack at entrance. Low and behold the Thief was on ground fighting with guard winning.Home owner steeped in to hold the thief,now fighting with home owner.Home owner black belt one thief knocked out. Police did in fact come,where not happy thief was knocked out. At the scene when thief came true,let the guard/home owner go thief to jail.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 8-24-2016 at 01:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chuckie  
I Cant imagine living in a situation like that. It sounds more like a jail cell than an apartment. To each his own I guess...Good luck...

To each his own is right.

I think I figured out who Sly Once is. If it's the same guy, trouble always follows him, and that trouble Sly Once gets into...... is interesting to say the least.

I would take whatever he says with a grain of salt, not that he makes up stories, but rather he beats to a different drum than most people, and therefore his perception is different.

I also doubt that he is actually married, unless it happened very recently.

I also hate these kind of piling on threads about the dangers of living in the Tijuana/Playas area.

In my own suburbs in the states, it seems like every third house on my street in the neighborhood was hit by a robbery the last few years. My house was probably only spared, because I have a mean chihuahua dog, and other pets that make would be burglars think twice about breaking in my house.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-25-2016 at 07:02 AM

some folks employ the three s' .....shoot, shovel and shutup
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.