Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: La Paz, Mexico HELP!
wingedwonder

[*] posted on 11-15-2016 at 05:10 PM
La Paz, Mexico HELP!

Hi Guys,

A friend on AVrider recommended I post my situation here.

Some friends and I have had couple of bad days... I was riding with a group of 3 motorycle riders and my bike broke down and had to be towed to La Paz, Mexico. We were originally going to take the ferry from La Paz to mainland Mexico and try to make it all the way to Guatemala.

While we were in route to La Paz, with me in a tow truck holding up the rear a friend of mine was hit by a drunk driver head on (at 1pm during the day.) She is ok and because of the gear she was wearing only has a very badly broken leg. I know it could have been so much worse... she had to be airlifted back to the States and is currently in the SF Bay area and her surgery went well. She didn't want to fly alone and since my bike was already broken anyway I went back to the states with her via a AMT plane.

This means my bike is still in La Paz, Mexico and I am not sure exactly what I should do. I have a 2007 VStrom 650 and basically the clutch doesn't work... it's not engaging in any gear and acts like it is in neutral the whole time. My bike is at a shop and said there is a mechanic that will come in on Thursday who normally works on "bigger bikes" to see if he can fix it. If he can fix it my plan is to bring the parts needed with me when I fly back and ride back up to the states.

Does anyone know how I can find a group of people to ride back with? I would prefer not to travel alone. The trip will most likely happen end of November or the beginning of December, obviously based on how long the repair will take.

If it can't be fixed in La Paz, does anyone have any ideas on how to ship it back? I am already reaching out to a few different shipping companies but I will take any advice I can get.

I never expected to be in a situation like this and any help would be a huge help. Thanks so much!
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2016 at 06:11 PM

U2U and email sent.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2016 at 07:13 AM

whoa that is some BAD luck indeed.

Hope everything works out for you, and it will.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Fernweh
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-16-2016 at 10:37 AM

Email sent.....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.