Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto - Good People
TLBaja79
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 07:38 PM
Loreto - Good People

Last month we were down in Loreto with the whole family for turkey day.
One of the nights my mom took our lil baby for the night and while she was out she bent over to pick up the baby and unbeknownst to her, her purse slipped off her shoulder.
A couple hours later when we got back from dinner she told me and I kinda blew it off knowing that we there was only about $40 in there and it was replaceable. But then she told me her cell phone was in there with lots of baby pics...

So my wife and I followed their tracks from the hotel to the centro and to the restaurant they ate at....etc....

I asked people along the way at each restaurant and kids in the centro. All were very attentive but had no information. All were very concerned that she had gotten the purse stolen...I made sure they knew that was not that case, that she had only lost it.

I called the phone and then finally texted it to please return to our hotel in the morning....

Then finally a reply....
He said he would be happy to return the purse to the hotel I asked...'
Then I said I would come pick it up now with no questions. The man agreed.
I went to his hotel and picked up the purse!! He was a great guy, said he found it on the street (right where my mom said she thinks it fell off) and he was happy it was back to the owner. Nothing was touched including the $$$.
Maybe I should have given him a reward... My mom and wife found him the next day and gave him a reward!

There is nothing I'm trying to say here other than telling everybody about great people! The guy that found it was really great.... But all the people that took our situation very seriously and were trying to help was really fascinating for me.

GREAT PEOPLE IN LORETO!!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2016 at 07:41 PM

What a good story! Boy, right about Christmas time most people can use an extra $40 - so he was very honest!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
gator
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 08:50 AM

Thanks for sharing. Always nice to read stories like this.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 10:45 AM

Some time in the 80's we and a visiting friend from Sacramento had lunch at the Clam Shack on the beach and my friend lost his wallet somehow, We lived in Tripui and knew the owners pretty well. When we came back several hours later we were handed the wallet, which contained over $600.00 plus credit cards and lots of identification. Not a thing missing and I believe no one ever looked inside. I don't know if the same folks still own this place, but we were surely impressed by this honesty. Viva Mexico and Merry Christmas to all.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2016 at 06:21 PM

Although not Loreto, about a month ago my husband lost his Costco and a visa credit card. He had no idea where or really when. He checked everywhere we could remember having been. Last week we went to the deposito in La Playa, Aldo smiled, felt below the counter, and there were the cards.
Also, our garbage can was stolen and my neighbors brought brought it back....they saw who took it.
All good!
MERRY CHRISTMAS

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2016 at 10:17 AM

These experiences do restore your faith in our fellow man. I was in Wrangell, AK (sp?) in a small bakery - I took my small coin purse out of my daypack and put it on a little counter so I could dig around in my daypack for something. My driver license, cash, credit cards, etc. were all in the small coin purse. About an hour later I was in a small store buying something for lunch and when I wanted to pay for it, couldn't find my coin purse. I thought about the last time I used it, and practically ran back to the bakery. There it was still laying on the counter exactly where I laid it, in plain sight, with several people milling around.
Gulliver
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2016 at 12:16 PM

Wallet fell out of my pocket while riding my bike the 1/2 mile from the autoparts store to the bike shop in Mulege. While back tracking a lady from a taco stand flagged me down. She saw it fly out when I bombed over a speed bump in front of her stand. I eat there now.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.