Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hi-res shots of Baja
Arthur
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2005 at 12:30 PM
Hi-res shots of Baja

I'm always on the lookout for hi-res shots of Baja that I can use for my computer wallpaper. Some of the best shots that I've found are too grainy for my 21" monitor, though.

David, do you have some shots that are higher-res than others? Can some other people suggest some that would still look good when they're blown up?
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2005 at 02:34 PM

I have a few 1024x768 wallpapers up on my site if you want some. The link is:

http://www.mias-desert-art.com/wallpaper.htm

What resolution is your monitor set to? If it's 21", it's probably set to 1280x1024.

Wallpapers in that high of a resolution are huge files, so most sites offer wallpapers at 800x600 or 1024x768.

If you can adjust your screen resolution to 1024x768, that might help you out.

Arthur
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2005 at 04:15 PM

I'm at 1400 x 1050, which is real crisp, with small icons.

I see what you mean about the large files that this would call for, but I'm willing to accept some lack of crispness in my wallpaper.

Thanks for the link, but those don't work on my monitor. I've taken ones with my 2.1 megapixel camera that look OK, so I'm not sure why.

[Edited on 2-9-2005 by Arthur]
bahiamia
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2005 at 07:32 PM

Probably because they were taken in a HQ resolution, 1600x1200 which is a higher resolution than your monitor is set to. So that would definitely work on your setup. It's just hard for sites to upload and for people to view and download image files that can be 1MB or more, which they would be for such a high resolution.

But it's certainly easy when taking your own images to apply them to your desktop.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 2-10-2005 at 09:17 AM
go to baja.net

and get with "photog"

he is the best, has the most - a pro, does this for living - you can see his examples in the sections, he moderates the forums there having to do with picture taking. He does not visit here much so you need to go there.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.