Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trying to reach Juan at San Francisquito
1962siia

[*] posted on 1-13-2017 at 12:57 PM
Trying to reach Juan at San Francisquito

Hey all:

First post here, recent lurker.

I'm heading down with a group for our third annual Baja moto trip in two weeks. The last two years we have stayed at PSF and had a great time there. This year we are going to have 26 bikes and really want to give them a heads up we are coming with so many folks. Hoping to spend our money there on beer and fish tacos and really hoping to buy a couple gallons of gas for each bike. This last part is the important part as I'm sure they don't normally have 50 gallons to sell.

Anyone heading that way between now and 1/29? Our group will be riding from BOLA to PSF on 1/29 and I'd really appreciate being able to let him know we are coming,etc. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

1962siia
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-13-2017 at 05:19 PM

We stayed at Beto's place a couple week's back.

I emailed him back and forth. betolucero2003@yahoo.com.mx
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-13-2017 at 05:32 PM

Beto's (the port, behind the unlocked white gate) is nice, clean, calm. One cabana and one house for rent, otherwise, open camping with access to toilets and showers... See my trip report for the details.

The resort of Punta San Francisquito is sadly a run down dump. The restaurant was open there, but with hardly any accommodations (rustic cabins, a blanket on nails for a door to keep out the wind. A sad looking bathroom/ shower house.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-13-2017 at 05:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Beto's (the port, behind the unlocked white gate) is nice, clean, calm. One cabana and one house for rent, otherwise, open camping with access to toilets and showers... See my trip report for the details.

The resort of Punta San Francisquito is sadly a run down dump. The restaurant was open there, but with hardly any accommodations (rustic cabins, a blanket on nails for a door to keep out the wind. A sad looking bathroom/ shower house.

That is a true description but I still love that stretch of beach and that little bay. Since I am a self sufficient camper the resort can be closed for all I care and I will still camp on the beach there. One of my favorite places anywhere to wake up when the first sunlight hits the beach. When Chary and Javier were there it was my favorite place in Baja.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2017 at 06:05 PM

Agree on that, but the beach is really scalloped up now and the wind is frequent. Have you seen the beach at Beto's on the cove, a mile away?

Another but remote beach is the north side of the point (Bahia San Rafael).

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-13-2017 at 06:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Agree on that, but the beach is really scalloped up now and the wind is frequent. Have you seen the beach at Beto's on the cove, a mile away?

Another but remote beach is the north side of the point (Bahia San Rafael).

Yes, over the years I have camped at Beto's and at San Rafael and other spots in that general area.
1962siia

[*] posted on 1-18-2017 at 09:14 AM

Wanted to update this thread. The email address for Beto did the trick so thanks to JZ for the help! Beto gave the folks at PSF my email and they reached out to me, so I have that contact info if people need it in the future. I wont post it here so message me if you need it.

I know the "resort" has seen better days and hurricane Odile really did major damage to the whole area, but I want to support these folks so they stay in business. That place is like heaven to me! I can already taste the fish tacos! Woot!!
rnrdozer

[*] posted on 1-19-2017 at 08:51 PM

Hi there, we're planning on staying at psf on January 30th it looks like you will be there on the 29th. I've been in. In contact with Juan's son on Facebook letting him know we were coming. Is your group staying one night? Would you be willing to message me his email so I can make sure he has supplies for our group as well!. Thanks!
1962siia

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 11:33 AM

u2u sent
satmike
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2017 at 09:36 AM

rnrdozer, Rich is that you?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-21-2017 at 09:58 AM

For anyone going to Punta San Francisquito Resort:
Please report back here on Nomad after your stay (or at least u2u me, if you don't want it to be public), what you experienced there and if it was to your standards or needs.

Three weeks ago, it was a wreck (compared to the glory days of its past).
Thank you.

Mexico Matt

[*] posted on 2-28-2017 at 08:08 PM

Did anyone stay at Punta San Francisquito in the last few months? Headed thru there next week on bikes and hoping for a place to sleep, food, and gas.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.