Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 22 x 1 soon?????
bajagrouper
Senior Nomad

Mood: happy and retired

[*] posted on 1-19-2017 at 12:41 PM
22 x 1 soon?????

Peso getting close to 22 x $1 USD........21.90 today...

I hear the whales song
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-20-2017 at 10:56 AM

Wow big jump We only get at Ex house 20.75.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 03:10 PM

Bought that for my Baja trip but it dropped to less than 19x1 today.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 03:12 PM

Approx. 10 days ago I netted 19.5 at the Loreto ATM.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 04:09 PM

San Ysidro Casas today, 18.233 you get per dollar, some lower,
quite a strengthening by the peso in 9 weeks? Wonder
what caused it

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 05:23 PM

Letting things "Crash and burn" is historically not a great tactic for a governing party. Remember how well Hurricane Katrina went for President Bush?

John

[Edited on 3-28-2017 by John Harper]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 05:23 PM

Now class, lets stick to the subject and not wonder off on this.

Please start another thread to discuss politics if it doesn't pertain to the $ and peso.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 05:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Howard  
Now class, lets stick to the subject and not wonder off on this.

As a teacher, I got it.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 06:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Ummm... the dollar is stronger against the peso if it takes 22 pesos to make a dollar. It was 18.80 earlier this month, 20.20 in Feb. and 20.00 to the dollar at the end of December.

The America-Care bill was Paul Ryan's baby, not Trumps. They will either get one better in place or just let the Obama disaster that nobody who voted for it read, crash and burn.

Peso has gotten much stronger in past month+, as trump's administration has faltered, and most recently crashed-burned trumpcare.

The indictments re -trump-campaign-Russia collusion should be handed down by June, and trump should be gone by September.

[Edited on 3-28-2017 by mtgoat666]
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2017 at 06:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Ummm... the dollar is stronger against the peso if it takes 22 pesos to make a dollar. It was 18.80 earlier this month, 20.20 in Feb. and 20.00 to the dollar at the end of December.

The America-Care bill was Paul Ryan's baby, not Trumps. They will either get one better in place or just let the Obama disaster that nobody who voted for it read, crash and burn.

Peso has gotten much stronger in past month+, as trump's administration has faltered, and most recently crashed-burned trumpcare.

The indictments re -trump-campaign-Russia collusion should be handed down by June, and trump should be gone by September.

One can only hope. His tweets make him look like a buffoon.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 11:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by larryC  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

One can only hope. His tweets make him look like a buffoon.

I'm not sure the peso has strengthened across the board but I do know that the USdollar has weakened against the basket of international currencies. This is one of the things the Trumpocracy wants, a cheaper dollar makes US exports easier to sell. The Fed raising rates counters this to some degree and confidence in the new administration is not increasing. Trump continues to erode and erase what many consider progress with his executive orders, today I think he's rolling back environmental protections for auto emissions. There is a broad range of rollbacks he can accomplish because Congress has been useless for the past 8 years and they continue to be useless now. The GOP has been fractionated by the TeaParty and now the Freedom Caucus along with a few other right wing extremists. Moderate Republican is now and endangered species and oxymarooon. I think the USdollar will not weaken much further until another yuuuge deficit budget is shown.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2017 at 04:39 PM

I know I saved about a 1/4 of my budget on my build

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 12:44 AM

Pesos to Dollar on my last four trips at casa de cambio, actual rate.

1 U.S. Dollar = Pesos

17.80 early Sept. 2016
20.00 late Dec. 2016
20.20 late Jan. 2017
18.80 early Mar. 2017

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 08:14 AM

At this moment:

18.8372 to one

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2017 at 09:07 AM

That's a long ways from 22:1!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2017 at 02:58 PM

I know the OP' s post was from an ATM, (mid Jan. 21.90 to the
dll), read today 4/4 SY casas 17.039 to the dll, yesterday 4/3, 16.873, how low will the dll. go

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2017 at 08:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by sancho  
I know the OP' s post was from an ATM, (mid Jan. 21.90 to the
dll), read today 4/4 SY casas 17.039 to the dll, yesterday 4/3, 16.873, how low will the dll. go

Results are hard to argue with, prior to my trip last month I exchanged at an official rate of >22:1 and and effective rate of 22.4:1. While in Baja sur we hit an ATM in Vizcaino and got an effective rate of 17.7:1 after fees. A bit more expensive than the first exchange. If I was spending $$K's of dollars it would matter to me but as a cheap moto rider spending $ it didn't hurt much. If I got paid in Pesos, I would not be pleased with the past 10 years and that is much more significant.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.