BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Bancomer has blocked all US ATM cards ..
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 09:16 AM

We have 3 different bank ATMs here in San Felipe. No luck with Bancomer but the other two work with my Wells Fargo card, but with not much Pesos. Now I find my wire transfer from Wells Fargo to Bancomer is not happening.
Guess I need to keep trying at Bancomer ATM??
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 09:30 AM

Is this just a Baja problem, or is it happening on the mainland side of the gulf?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 09:42 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Gulliver  
One of the hardest things for me to adapt to here has been this unpredictability. It shows up in so many things.

Inexplicable power interruptions. Seldom being able to find the same things in the same store from day to day. These problems with ATMs. The list goes on and on.

I'm told it is a problem in much of the world and that growing up north of the border or in much of Europe gives us false expectations.

I fall back on the explanation which is not an explanation but relaxes me just a bit and sometimes makes me smile. The single word, "Random".

This is easily the biggest headache I have, living down here. So little is predictable, when you want to get something done.

Living in the US and/or Canada does give you Great Expectations. Those turn to "realistic" expectations, down here.

More than anything, I blame poor and expensive postal and trucking systems; probably combined with poor roads and behind-the-scenes mordida. Goods just dont move smoothly down here. One is forced to deal with a very limited number of distributors, in relation to the US. Little competition allows them to remain inefficient.

Reducing competition has been the name of the game in Mexico for ages. We'll see if that changes, any time soon.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Is this just a Baja problem, or is it happening on the mainland side of the gulf?

It's hard to tell. So many temperamental ATM machines. Iffy phone lines, at times, that would prevent the ATM network from functioning. Machines run out of money. Chipped cards or no chipped cards. So many variables.

I dont use Bancomer down here. I've just heard so many bad things about that entire organization (trusts, insurance, banking) that I avoid it. But I understand when it is the only game in town. I only use CI Banco, Santander and Banamex. I havent been declined in several years now.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 11:46 AM

Got 8000p yesterday at Bancomer in Cabo. Problems must be regional?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 2-9-2017 at 06:32 PM

Thanks for the ongoing information, we're 2 weeks away from Gonzaga Bay and some better weather than the fugly winter here.

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2017 at 03:04 AM

No issues in San Felipe yesterday
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.