Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HY 5 Gas and road contitions
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2017 at 09:25 PM
HY 5 Gas and road contitions

Would love to hear from anyone that has been on the dirt part through Coco's in the last day or so. Road condition any mud and so on
Thanks
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-29-2017 at 09:51 AM

Until someone replies with newer data Steve, I think you will be fine, the winds will have dried the mud and it is an active construction zone. They need the road open for crews and public access. Semi tractor trailer rigs are using it to save hundreds of miles and hours of driving, too. I was over it twice, a month ago... easy.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2017 at 09:58 AM

Hi Steve, I don't have a current report but if you don't get one here is what I have. I traveled it mid-month two days after a heavy rain shown in this video http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=85566 and it had firmed up pretty well and I was able to drive around the largest puddles. It's now been several days without rain and a lot of wind so I'd expect it to be mostly dry. The bad news is parts were rutting up from when it was driven while sloppy and it a lot bumpier than it was a two months ago.
toronja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2017 at 11:29 AM

We drove it last weekend after the rain, and there was some mud and water-filled vados, but was more or less passable by any vehicle. Very slow and bumpy, much worse than when we did it 2 and 3 years back (others have said it was worse last year). We got stuck behind a semi on the muddy chapala stretch and it took us ~45 min to go just a few miles. We will go Mex1 on the way home, I think.
baja Steve
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2017 at 09:23 PM

I just drove up from San Ignacio El Centro which took 10 hours including about 45 min with CoCo. The dirt section is about the same but what I did due to it being Sunday and not much work going on I drove a lot of the new road bed which was great about 45 mph, but had to get off and on a few times. From 1 to the pavement was about 50 min.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.