BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Might be time to brush up on your US history/civics lessons...
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 11:47 AM

I didn`t lose my doctor----- but my insurance was canceled!

Mogojed-- countries don`t have friends. They have interests.

"When you catch a fish, you open the door of happiness."
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 01:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

It's never too late to go back to college or learn a new skill.

"Physician, heal thyself"

[Edited on 2-3-2017 by DENNIS]

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 02:04 PM

......... and then there are those who have been left behind without skills or college degrees, and now work at places like Walmart, or compete against the Mexicans in the construction field.................

And who's fault is that?? I worked hard at several crappy part time jobs to put myself through college......Nobody helped me but myself. It's all about choices and personal responsibility.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 02:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DENNIS  

It's never too late to go back to college or learn a new skill.

"Physician, heal thyself"

[Edited on 2-3-2017 by DENNIS]

Dennis,
I thought that the American Dream notion was that if you work hard, prosperity would be your reward. Hard work, no expectations that the government owed you anything, and no handouts....

At least I remember something like that.

Nuthin rong with a edumacation...

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  
......... and then there are those who have been left behind without skills or college degrees, and now work at places like Walmart, or compete against the Mexicans in the construction field.................

And who's fault is that?? I worked hard at several crappy part time jobs to put myself through college......Nobody helped me but myself. It's all about choices and personal responsibility.

You are such a hypocrit. You were a govt emplyee. You live off a govt pension and get govt health care. The majority of your life has been supported by tax payers. And you scream and complain if a few poor people get govt aid or health care. You are a hypocrit.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
People working low skill/low pay jobs would be better off with govt single payer system. Such people are pretty stupid to vote for Trump who supports old status quo of emplyer-provide health ins, as emplyers refuse to provide health ins to pawn class of workers.

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
"Who lost their jobs? Do you have any evidence to back that up?"
YES but I won't out them by name as I don't have their permission...
Several acquaintances did not exactly lose their jobs they just had their hours from full time cut below the 32 hour threshold for insurance requirements on the employer. And then when they went for a second job because they couldn't live on the reduced hours they were only offered such as 6 hours (Walmart) or a required 30 hours. The result is several of my friends work 3 jobs (none providing insurance thus money out of their pocket for such) or work 60 plus hours to maintain their life style (of course that raises their wage and requires a greater percentage of the insurance they purchase paid for).

On the other hand...my friends who own small businesses (Donut shop, Construction, etc.) cut the hours of their staff and hired more PART TIME employees to cover the hours cut for staff all to avoid the unaffordable position of providing insurance which essentially would come from their paycheck (profits). Their own workload increased under this because now they handle more employees to do the same amount of work.

Does that answer your question?

I am so glad the 'minority' rules...
Won in the White House
Won in the Senate
Won in the Congress
Won in the Governorships
They are so Stupid.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 2-3-2017 at 03:10 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajaguy  

I'm not really disagreeing with you here, I was just commenting on the "deplorables" who are without an college education, job skills, are white, and feel they have been left behind.

They have been left behind, and it's only going to get worse for them, starting with their free or low cost health care, which they soon may lose, without any replacement. Of course, if they blame, the Mexicans, for their plight, and build a wall, they may feel better,

Bajaguy, I love your story about you being the type of guy, who pulled yourself up by the bootstraps, because nobody helped you get ahead. So is this why you want to stick it to others?

But it didn't have to be like that, considering you probably grew up during the Johnson administration, and the , Great Society, with medicare, the GI bill, and just about free college to anyone who had the grades to go to college, and other great social programs that young people don't have today. Today young people can't work part time to pay for their college, it's students loans of thousands of dollars they have to pay back.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
2-3-2017 at 03:52 PM
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.