BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Best way to L.A. Cetto?
briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 03:53 AM
Best way to L.A. Cetto?

Will be doing some wine tasting next month in Guadalupe Valley. We will be driving from San Diego and staying in Las Gaviotas. Would it be better to cross (Friday morning) in Tijuana or Tecate? L.A. Cetto is the only winery I know of, anyone have suggetions on other places with tasting rooms/tours?
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 05:41 AM

Check out this link for general info on wineries and the region.

http://www.discoverbajacalifornia.com/ranches/guadalupe_vall...

If you are going wine tasting first, choose the Tecate route. Nice drive, especially in a year like this.
dangro

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 05:36 PM

Last month on a visit to an Ensenada at a pemex gas station picked up a brochure of the ruta del vino with execelent details of the various wineries on the valle de guadalupe it included a very nice and detailed map and phones numbers so you can arrange guided tours.The gas station it's the one on the left at the first traffic light wen you get to Ensenada
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 10:49 PM

I tried to email a few times didn't work. I Like going to tecate way. Once you get in the valley so many things to see. After you visit L.A. Cetto make a left up the hill on the dirt road great shop up top wonderful honey some bandys and art. Above that are hot springs. Ask at L.A. Cetto they will tell you. Get there early for the english tour its Great and you need to have time to see the hot springs. Okay they are not the best but the veiw is out of this world and the springs are't too bad them selves. :saint::?:;);:light:Okay I can not figure out the spell ck thing Oh Well!!!!
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 2-12-2005 at 06:54 PM

after going to L.A. Cetto contiune down the dirt road to Dona Lupes . It is a small winery where there they also sell honey and herbs and spices. Lots of good stuff. We allways go there first.
Mick

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2005 at 07:14 PM
A part of my 8 week vacation to the Ensenada area in 2003

Included a visit to the L.A. Cetto winery. attempted to visit the one on the left side of the highway northbound.....no visitors allowed that day. Proceeded a little further up the road, another Cetto complex a couple miles in from the highway (right side). Nice enough place. My question is: Above the winery is a bull ring (mini) large enough for kids and calves. Has anyone been to an event there, if so maybe offer some details of the event(s).

[Edited on 2-13-2005 by Tucker]

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 2-13-2005 at 06:47 PM
Either way you choose to enter the Guadalupe valley

is good.

The highway is scenic, winding and beautiful, inland from Tecate and oceanside from Tijuana.

I would suggest that you go in to a major hotel (i.e., in Ensenada, the Hotel Coral y Marina) to ask the desk peoplel for advice for what to go to and for any info materials (they have maps sometimes).

They deal with foreign tourists and their interests all the time and are very enthusiastic and happy to help with your interests.

Otherwise, if you approach the Guadalupe Valle from Tecate, I would just pull into any inviting roadside location and ask. All of the resident businesses will be happy to talk about whatever and they will appreciate your patronage.

Whatever you choose, take a light heart and a relaxed attitude about timeframes and you will always find an enjoyable and memorable experience.

Enjoy and buen provecho!

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.